GMs needed for the most realistic CMxx campaign on the web!

Guys,

Since almost 2 years CMMC2 is played by a sizeable web community. Grognards as well as people who are looking for something slightly more realistic than the average Quick Battle. Currently we are in need of more GMs to speed up the pace of the game.

The fun part will be looking down as gods on the battlefield and see the various corpses, brigades and battalion get into combat.

The scope of the game is pretty massive. Arty ammo is counted almost to the round and several aspects of warfare are taken into consideration like: engineering, air forces, intelligence.

Because of the complexity of the game, a lot of resolutions have to be made by the GMs. Hence the need for more GMs.

Mail me or visit the CMMC2 Forum and leave us a message.

[ September 20, 2004, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Fokker G1 ]

You're not being literal about James are you? Last time I spoke to him he was on his way to Afghanistan with elements of 10th Mtn. Hope nothing went sour over there. We last spoke 10/11. I was real scared he had bought it in the big bang, but he was quite ok as it was.

Real good to hear the other two are still kicking. Good people both.

Actually I don't have CMBB yet smile.gif Went from CMBO to CMAK. I frequent this forum simply because it is more mature and interesting than CMAK is so far - CMAK will change and lose the Peng problems with time, but we're not quite there yet.

So I couldn't join the GM ranks just now. But it is on its way (CMBB). And yes, I actually miss CMMC. I know its insane, positively ludicrous, but I do. Always did think it's the best way to play CM, brings the game to it's very peak, the ultimate scenario.

I hear much has changed since CMMC 1? Maybe I won't find my way around anymore? I see the sigs are still popular. There was a mapping software used by GMs at the time (remember I was a player back then), with a lion or tiger as logo, COCAT was it? Is it still being used? Is there a site one could inspect, with GM info on it? Still have newspapers, Der Adler and Soviet version of FO, for me to read?

Cheerio

Dandelion

(Former "Krafft" (CPX) and "Königsmarck"(CMMC1))

No no, James didn't do that litteraly...at least not to my knowledge. He stopped by recently, but went missing again.

CMMC2 is definatley an improved version of CMMC and CPX, based on what I hear! CMMC2 was my intro into web campaigning.

It indeed beats all those horrible capture the flag QBs where you can still win by suffering horrible losses.It's not about winning, more about not losing and it forces you to stay alert and be cautious with your men.

Pal is stil working on Cocat and is trying to make it a generic campaign tool. Mapping mission is still worked on as well. Both progs come with updates regularly.

I don't know anything on Fascist propaganda, I only read the truth in Pravda, as issued by the all-knowing NKVD. (actually lack of resources have stopped the presses quite some time ago)

I had some GM info once, dunno where that went. Obviously you can always stop by at our office. Ask GM Ted (main German) or GM Mark (main Russian) for some info.

Cheers,

Fokker G1

(aka A.B. Ushavov in CMMC2)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Fokker G1

The idea seems of such a massive play looks very attractive and I think the more people know about it much more they will enlist.

Could you give me more info:

- the purpose of the game

- what experiences gains somebody if enrolls

- what is needed to enlist

- how much time per month will be needed for each one enlisted

Also, if there is a FAQ I would be very pleased to read through.

Greetings

Spartan1

Spartan,

You are very right. The more people enlist, the more momentum the game gets. It is rolling since early 2003 now and we lac GMs, as said before.

The purpose: to win a two day campaign near Belyi. It is a semi-historical campaign. Purely historical would allow both parties to know everything about the opponent, which is not really fun in a strategy game.

What experiences? A good time, really intersting battles (not the QB kind), contacts from across the globe...does that answer your question?

What is needed to enlist; persistance, patience, some interest in military in general, some experience in CMBB. Each side has their own training program that new recuits can or must follow.

@ time - there is a job for any amount of time available. Little time will put you in the drivers seat of a battalion (ie commanding the actual CMBB battles). If you are looking for more of a wider scope challenge (arranging supply, covert ops, air missions, arty support etc. etc.) you can join with the top brass. Most needed are GMs; these are like the gods of the game. Lot of self study is required here as our present GMs are quite busy with managing the game itself.

There is not real FAQ, just shout around in ouir general forum at www.cmmc2.org/forums/

You can find me by addressing your message to A.B. Ushavov.

I hope we meet again!!

• 3 weeks later...

To be a GM (Game Master) in CMMC2 is really a great experience for everybody that want to be deeply involved in Eastern front operations.

The idea is great, the current game is about Operation Mars (November-December 1942):

Marshal Zhukov's Greatest DefeatOperation Mars 1942

Thus, I finally sign up an application for a GM position.

I would also like to invite anybody who is interested in join the GM ranks of CMMC2

• 2 months later...

Ta say some more:

The idea behind CMMC 2 is to create a friendly game that simulates operational level warfare on the eastern front during WW II. CMMC2 is a single operation based on a historical situation, but will vary details to create the uncertainty that exists in any military operation. CMMC 2 uses Battle Front’s “Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin “to simulate tactical combat. The operational aspects will be governed by the CMMC rules that have been used for the previous CMMC games, adjusted for the eastern front.

Human players will fill positions from each side’s overall commander all the way down to individual BN commanders. The game will be maintained and run by a voluntary game masters (GMs) cadre. The GMs will handle the interaction of the Russian and German sides to resolve the game situations and preserve the Fog of War (FOW).

See for yourselfs:

CMMC 2 web page