How long have you been into it?

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

Well, I learned at an early age (9 or 10) that if you heated up an X-acto knife, you could cut of limbs and head real easy.

Parvenu. When I started playing with toy soldiers they were made out of lead and I used a woodburning tool to cut 'em up.

But the most fun was to take a model airplane I was tired of and put a couple of firecrackers in it and set fire to it. Used to get some realistic-looking crash scenes that way. Then there were the ones I shot up with my BB gun...

Michael

But the most fun was to take a model airplane I was tired of and put a couple of firecrackers in it and set fire to it. Used to get some realistic-looking crash scenes that way. Then there were the ones I shot up with my BB gun...
haha... exactly the way i stopped my model career.. ;)

I remember, i hade a battleship, not sure if it was the Scharnhorst or the Iowa class...but i know it was a Battleship with 9 guns 3x3. I found in a model store a real cheap engine hwo you can put it with a suction cup under those ships. Maybe this was more for bathroom gaming.. ;) The next step was to open the allready builded ship and filling with fire crackers, can tell you, it wasnt the smallest ones.. ;) then i made out of a lot igniter cord -- does exist a other word for it? a long one. To made it short...the next lake was mine...and of course, also for the ship.. ;) I didnt know before, which exquisite pyromaniac i am.. Hollywood should hire me.. :D

The same way i destroyed the red barons proud, a red triplane and a early WWII Henschel. I hade some other models but to destroy a StugIII never! Im a Stug lover from the first second...my Tiger one i couldn hurt also.

The way to play with my little soldiers in the garden of my parents was to simulate handgrenades with those mini crackers and the replacement for a flamethrower, i used a small squirt filled with gasoline -(we found it in a abandoned scrap iron place).

Its 20-25 years since...and it seems, nothing had changed.. :cool:

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Firefly:

If you don't count Commando comics and Captain Hurricane (who dealt with Tigers by ripping the commanders hatch off the hinges and giving the evil Nazi TC a good old British sock on the jaw), probably around 1965-66.

Are you by any chance referring to Sgt Fury and His Howling Commandos?

</font>