CMBO Assaulting

Hello, bear with me please, I'm a bit of a newbie.

I was wondering what movement commands you prefer to use when attacking enemy infantry head on, without armor support. The enemy could be dug in, inside a building or in woods even.

Do you get your troops to run, move or sneak towards their positions? I have been using run, and it seems to get them mowed down quite a lot.

And when assaulting a platoon of EI, what kind of numbers on my side are advisiable? Sending one unsupported platoon against another is suicide, correct?

It depends very much on situation. Usually I try to avoid attacking head on, but since that is your question, I'll try to answer.

You'd need to suppress the enemy so that your men can move closer without taking that much losses. Let half of your force lay covering fire onto the enemy while the other half closes down. Use mortars, artillery, machineguns for good effects. Use Move, because Run exposes them more to return fire and they shoot back more while on Move.

It's always good to have as great a local superiority as possible, but in general you'll learn what ratios work and what don't. It depends on whether the defender is dug-in or not, what the experience levels are (crack attacker will probably rout a conscript defender of the same size), etc.