Force size - How many troops can you keep track of?

hee hee,

i am in awe of you folks who play 2000, 8000 and up points games.

i tend to play 300 (yes!), 500 or 800 per side games. At this micro-level, several characteristics do happen:

- a medium sized company would either have to be conscript or green. Platoons are regulars.

- Light tanks become the rule, assets becomes very valuable. Every single element has to work together or else the mission is lost.

- No need for hugh maps, byte-size maps means straight line movement, no need for too much maneuvering.

- Reasonable compromise with the Missus.

Gees, you go and work 2 x 16 hr ER shifts with only an 8 hr break in between and suddenly your opponent is busting your chops for delay? :D

Chill, my modus operandi is simple Cortes. I save lives for a long time in RL and then I deprive your men of theirs in the virtual world.

Seriously though... Just been very busy with work. Will look at the map tomorrow morning when I wake up. After that things will, I am certain, happen too quickly for your liking.

Solarfire,

Just challenge me... although, to be fair, I'm quite swamped right now what with training my immediate subordinates and the tank unit commanders for the Soviet side in the CMMC.

Also, and I hope this doesn't come off wrong... you may want a warm-up game or two first. I could probably put you in touch with someone suitable if you want.

[ March 24, 2003, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

Fionn,

If you know anyone willing to help me to improve my CMBB skills ... that would be great.

Could you just drop me an e-mail with the information ? we must stop posting these off-topic stuff here smile.gif

Thanks.

Regards,

Solar Fire

[ March 24, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: SolarFire ]

Originally posted by Quintus:

One of the things I have come to notice in playing CMBB/O is that I seem to have some kind of limit to the number of troops I can keep track of and manage effectively.

Below 1000 points I am perfectly happy and will merrily beat the AI and get a passable ratio of victory to defeat verses humans. Above 1000 and I start coming unglued.

Has anyone else noticed this sort of thing in their game-play? I am guessing that practise, practise and more practise is the key.

I think this thread is being hijacked...but I digress... smile.gif

I think i'm in the same ballpark as you, Quintus, with regards to point battles. One reason (excuse) is that I only play CMBB 2-4 hours/week max and small battles are easier to finish in that short time span!

I'm still an advocate for Battlefront to include a OOB roster option that is accessible during play. Many folks think this allows the player too much control, but one could use it the same as, say, FOW; it is there and you can use it, or not use it, according to your whim.

" Do your worst, and I shall do my worst also."

Watch it now or tell Steve you hold a "minority opinion". That seems to generate the proverbial lose/lose situation around here. ;) .

P.s. Setup file is on its way to you. Since you came across as very "gung ho" for the game I've prepared something suitably devastating for you.

I'll be happy to give you a rematch if you feel it is just too devastating ( although, of course, maybe whatever you've got up your sleeve beats me horribly. Kudos to you if it does.).

[ March 25, 2003, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

Fionn and Cortes:

You have been accused of hijacking this thread. I don't necessarily agree, but regardless I must inform you of your punishment:

You are henceforth obligated to keep us informed of your matchup. Cortes, a descriptive post will do (at worst), a real AAR with pictures and Fionn's comments would be the dream.

Thanks in advance,

Murph

• 2 weeks later...