Panther VD 75/70 super tank

spoiler

I'm playing von Lauchert and learned the hard way that there are certain points in the ravine not the area of the flags that can be seen by the Germans at long range.

I almost got a platoon of T-34's into the flag ditch on the left but alas....

I'd be interested if against a human player, an Russian side player has gotten his infantry or anti tank guns in there....asside from risking them on piggy back as you make a run for the ravine I'd think that having a whole company of russian infantry at close range would add wonders to the complications of the germans (realizing of course that he might have infantry there too but I think that currently he doesn't having left them waay behind....

have any of you russian types waited until you get all the tanks behind your hill before rushing down.....?

(except the first wave of course....the one thing taht is kinda cool is that the destroyed tanks you have out in the middle of the field do wonders for you in terms of borg spotting....(I have some crews out there).....

And another spoiler...

...my twelve T-34 and seven of my T-70's reached the ravine, one unlucky T-70 was immobilised in open terrain and got slaugtered right there on the spot in seconds....

...SU-152 commander Lt Alvaseret's was an example for bravery in the field, he led the SU-152-charge for the ravine, the four SU-122 had charged ahead and reached the ravine unharmed....

Ser Seleznev's SU-152 had stopped briefly during the run to change his course in open ground and was immediately knocked out.Two 50mm mortar units were mounted on Seleznev's SU, they got nailed down there right on the spot and suffered heavy casualties....

Lt Alvaseret's SU-152 got hit in the front, the shell got through killing one crewman, but Alvaseret charged on....later that day he managed to destroy 3 Panther D's and killing several german Panzermänner and soldiers....

SU-152 commanders Lt Popov and Lt Iushkevic managed to destroy 3 / 2 Panther D and some infantery....

Only 3 of my guard-infantry platoons managed to reach the ravine under the command of cpt Pondelin hq platoon and lt Gerasimenko's hq squad, they had a great deal of fighting in the middle and the right flank of the ravine.

I had my four SU-122's on the right flank and together with Pondelin's guard infantry they crushed the german infantry attack very quickly and took many prisoners...

KptPondelin.JPG

picture above: cpt Pondelin rallies his troops once more for another attack against the german left flank

I used the rest of the soviet-tanks to slow down the advance of the Panthers, the first Panther-group reached the ravine unsupported and got slaughtered on the spot,the second Panther-wave reached the ravine 8-9 minutes later, and was crushed and thrown back by the same SU-152's that had held the middle........

...No glorious tank-reservese-rushes from behind...the russians will be butchered...

MFG; Trommelfeuer

(MFG= Mit freundlichen Grüssen = with friendly greetings)

[ March 16, 2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]