A query.... trenches in buildings

On two different CMBB scenarios, I have seen the scenario default setup where trenches were placed INSIDE of large buildings, although a portion of the trench marker would run outside of the building.

Now....if left this way, when the scenario starts, the trenches placed within the building disappear, but whatever portion is outside still remains in a "snipped" fashion.

Perhaps this is cited in the CMBB manual or following patch readme's, but I haven't seen it so far. But anyway, does the CMBB engine still consider trenches in effect WITHIN a large building after the scenario starts, even if not seen graphically?

Odd.

SPOILER

In Pavlov's house, I almost certainly remember trenches that were placed inside a heavy building and remained there for the whole battle. I am almost certain that they were padlocked into place. In fact, I remember wanting to move them and being unable to.

Perhaps that was the difference?

Yes, Slappy, that's one such scenario where I had seen trenches in buildings applied in the scenario setup.

However, does this translate to a cumulative effect of (trench + building) when the scenario starts? I don't see it, as whatever trenches exist in buildings during the setup phase (locked or otherwise) are "chopped out" with the game's start. My follow-on review of the CMBB manual says that buildings are amongst the "unsuitable terrain" for allowing trenches (pg. 62)

So what then is the point of placing trenches in buildings per some default scenario setups??? :confused: Inquiring minds what to know.

Apparently I was incorrect. I've gone back and rerun Pavlov's House. It turns out that the trenches in buildings do in fact disappear. It also seems that they weren't padlocked.

I've also done some limited testing and seen that they do disapper in general, even if padlocked in a building.

I now have no idea why they're there.

I stand corrected, and mystified.