Mods posted -- preview here : )

Hello gentlemen,

I have finally done a winter version of my early Tiger I. If somebody could tell me how to realize snow settled on the surfaces, aerial recognition flag and outlined numbers redface.gif Markings and killrings are optionals.

PREVIEW_EARLY_TIGER.JPG

Here are summer and winter version of the early Marder II (grey version). The preview of the winter version doesn't show properlly the tools on the vertical surfaces... :( This has been fixed, don't worry if you download it ;)

Bicolor version :

PREVIEW_BICOLOR_MARDERII.JPG

Winter version :

PREVIEW_WINTER_MARDERII.JPG

Where to download ? Oh, come on, at the usual place :D

All the best

Nice mods Bogdan and thanks. I really like the color of that summer one and the winter one is fine but I don't use winter mods, something about wanting to see the units better. Damn old eyes of mine. We do appreciate you and all the other modders out there. You guys are all excellent gentlemen. Well, most anyway. ;):D

Thank you for your posts smile.gif

I have redone my winter Marder II : the killrings and the balkenkreuz are less visibles, more "snowed"... I also put some mud on the roadwheels and the bottom hull.

This will be avalaible at cmmods.com ASAP, but I lose my preview :mad: I'll keep you informed.

For Lcm1947 : what do you suggest to make units more visible ? I'm thinking about aerial recognition flags but you may have another idea ?

Now, I'm going to read the Gautrek's tutorial ;)

All the best.

Regarding Lcm's old eyes...my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be (nah, can't be related to all of these hours looking at a computer screen--can't be) and I find that aerial flags work fine for me concerning winter mods. I like the turet crosses for the Russian tanks also, but I don't think these were applied to winter whitewash. Lcm, go for the "rusty mods" by zimordok or any "hasty' whitewash mods. Personally, theis winter Marder is perfect for me--just enough grey to offset the white, allowing my eyes to pick it out in the snow. Question: are you using unit bases?

Originally posted by tools4fools:

I really do like the Winter Marder; However the white color on the trret number, German cross and killrings seems to be to "pure and bright" to me on all vehicles. They stand out too much in my opinion. Otherwise good work!

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

You're right, it looks too bright...

Here is my version #2 :

PREVIEWMARDERIIV2.JPG

Available at cmmods.com

Best regards

For Lcm1947 : what do you suggest to make units more visible ? I'm thinking about aerial recognition flags but you may have another idea ?

Lcm, go for the "rusty mods" by zimordok or any "hasty' whitewash mods.

The aerial rec. flags as well as the rusty or hasty whitewash mods would help but not all mods are done this way so I'd have some vehicles with and some without so I'd be back to my same problem and it would look funny with half the vehicles being regular and half with snow. No, I will just have to settle for half the mods you guys put out but that's Ok as I just assume it's either just beginning to snow in my games and that's the reason why my vehicles aren't covered yet. ;)