German Army Group C: Defenders of Mt. Belvedere?

**EDIT / APOLOGY*** should have been posted in CMAK, won't double post it in hopes that an admin will move it? Sorry.

Working on a scenario based on the 10th Mountain Div. attack on Mt.Belvedere in Northern Italy 45'

I believe elements of German Army Group C was defending Mt. Belvedere, under command of Heinrich von Vietinghoff.

Can anyone outline a "slice" of the OB for the german defenders?

The allies will be attacking with 2 Company’s of the 3rd Bn.85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, with heavy weapons support including 30 cal. liquid cooled and 50 cal. air cooled machine guns and 60 mm mortars.

Just having trouble finding exactly what type of German infantry would be up on the hill.

(Hopefully JasonC is not sour at me for my admittedly "snarky" comment to another of his responses in another thread :( as I'm sure he could enlighten me here!)

German units mentioned in the HISTORY of the 85th MOUNTAIN INFANTRY REGIMENT:

The German forces occupying this sector were known to consist of four battalions of the

232nd Division with a reserve composed of the 232nd Fus. Battalion, 1st Battalion 1045th Infantry Regiment, 1st Battalion 1043rd Infantry Regiment and the 4th Sep. Mountain Battalion.

And later:

The enemy forces to the front had been identified by intelligence as the 1st,2nd and 3rd Companies of the 4th Mountain Battalion of the 1044th Regiment.

It's a good read take a look. I look forward to a good scenario of this battle.

www.tenthmountain.org/images/Regimental%20Histories/85th%20History.pdf

Originally posted by Mudhugger:

German units mentioned in the HISTORY of the 85th MOUNTAIN INFANTRY REGIMENT:

The German forces occupying this sector were known to consist of four battalions of the

232nd Division with a reserve composed of the 232nd Fus. Battalion, 1st Battalion 1045th Infantry Regiment, 1st Battalion 1043rd Infantry Regiment and the 4th Sep. Mountain Battalion.

And later:

The enemy forces to the front had been identified by intelligence as the 1st,2nd and 3rd Companies of the 4th Mountain Battalion of the 1044th Regiment.

It's a good read take a look. I look forward to a good scenario of this battle.

www.tenthmountain.org/images/Regimental%20Histories/85th%20History.pdf

Thanks Mudhugger. Just uploaded my scenario to the Proving grounds tonight. (Link below if interested)

http://www.the-proving-grounds.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=1451

I do feel it may be worth another version on a larger scale after reading further.