TCP/IP problem!!!

Whel, I tryd playing SC on TCP/IP and it worked fine for a couple of days, now jesterday, I tryd to log on an it sead SOCKER EXPIRED. So i tryd to erase the saved game and create a new game, but it sead the same thing, now today someone else made the server, and as I was trying to log on it sead the same thing again, I need help!

Socket expired has usually one of 4 causes:

- you or your opponent are behind a router or firewall and they are not correct configurated (e.g. the right port is not open - SC uses port 6530). I.e. in the Firewall either port 6530 is open or the program SC is allowed host/server. The router also has to be open for SC.

- you both use different versions of SC (newest english version is 1.07, german it is 1.07g; e.g. neither english 1.07 with german 1.07 will not work, nor 1.07 with 1.0...)

But since it already worked before, the most likely is:

- you entered the wrong IP number of your opponent where you were trying to connect. If SC shows different IP numbers, you have to try which one is the right one

- or your (your opponents) internet provider is the cause, some providers sometimes can´t establish a connection to each other, but this would be player/provider specific and is very rare

[ December 03, 2005, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

we bouth have the same game wersion, and i did writte in the corect IP adress, since i tryd all the IP numbers again and adain,... as for the internet provider, i tryd 2 diferent players with diferent internet providers, so that probabley isnt the cae eather, butt the firevall is a probabiletey, where can i change the port?

Most Firewall programs allow you to set specific programs like SC.exe to have the proper level of internet access. If you are running XP with Service Pack 2 it should allow you to set certain programs to be exceptions as well. In this case check under your Control Panel -> Windows Firewall.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

P.S. I forgot to say "Zdravo" smile.gif

Moi slovensko je cist slabo in vidish da splo neznam dober napiscit!