German version - problems with copy protection

I installed the Strategic Command Gold version on my computer without problems. However, when trying to run the game, I get an error for the copy protection - the error mesage I get is

"This CD-ROM/DVD-ROM cannot be validated due to installed Copy Protection Installation Software. (#10001)"
I tried either drives - one is a generic DVD-ROM drive, the other a Philips DVD-RW/writer. I tried disabling all programs in the background, including the virus scanner, but to no avail. I'd be happy if anyone could help me out here. smile.gif

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Hi Sytass,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. It's probably best to contact the SC Gold publisher directly (Most Wanted Games) as they would be better suited to address the issue:

support@most-wanted-games.com

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Thanks for the tip. I had checked their site, but I didn't find any info there, leave alone a support forum, which is why I tried my luck here, hopeing someone else had suffered through the problem and knew a solution. smile.gif