Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

URL Image Postings -- How is it done?

I've attempted to post photos using the URL box instead of through imaging. Moon says this is the preferred method and better for the site's operation, but when I try doing it this way nothing appears.

Please explain the technique involved and in the other forum I'll advise posters, who ask about doing this regularly, to use the URL method instead of putting things up as images.

I just write text as per normal and then click on the URL button where the label for UBB Code exists. I fill in the URL, i.e. the exact link where the image resides on the web, notice that when you click on URL it already gives you the 'http://' portion of the full URL you will be using so in some cases you will have to remove the extraneous 'http://'. Then you will be asked to give the URL Web Page a name and that should be it, should appear something like the URL link below. Let me know if this works for you

Test Image

Hubert

[ January 09, 2003, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

Hubert, --

Thnaks for the info, will give it a shot and let you know how it comes out.

Now I understand what the problem was: I expected to see an image appear on the screen and didn't realize it had to be clicked to appear offscreen.

Thanks for the help and also Moon helped in the regular forum. Henceforth I will post images that way. I've posted a lot of photos and maps etc. in the past. If it will help I'll go back and convert them all to the URL method but it would be pretty time consuming. If it doesn't matter that much I'd rather leave them as is and make my future entries URLs.

If you think it would help and retrieve resources for me to backtrack and convert please give the word and I'll do it.

Thanks again to both of you for explaining this.

[ January 09, 2003, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]