Still having lockup problems

For the life of me I cant figure out whats wrong. The game seems to randomly lockup forcing me to do a hard reboot. Typicly the lockup happens when I try to use the drop down menu for reinforcement or transport/operate. Sometimes the game goes for several turns with no problem and sometimes it locks up after hardly an order is given. Ive tried reinstalling and repatching. Ive erased the saved games and started from scratch. Its making the game very hard to complete when Im scared of giving the most basic of commands. Are there programs that Eiffel dosnt get along with that I might have open or on my HD? Im at a complete loss here :(

Not really sure, you might want to try disabling any background programs like anti-virus software etc. and see if that helps. I don't know of any known conflicts with the Eiffel runtime but I can look into it. I know that SC does not work properly with NT, but with other flavours of Windows it should in theory be fine. Let me know if any of this helps and we can take it from there.

Hubert

OK I looked into this a bit more and for whatever reason this random freezing appears to only occur on systems that run ME. I checked through all my tech support emails and for those that reported random freeze's or lockup's they were all running ME. Now I don't know if this is for all systems that run ME or only that if there was a problem it seems to potentially occur on ME. I would suggest tyring the latest updates for ME from the Microsoft website and see if it makes any sort of difference

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/update/default.asp

Let me know if this helps and good luck!

Hubert