Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Good old fashion solid lock-ups

I've tried playing the demo about 5 times now and in every case I encountered an absolutely solid lock-up.

The computer stops responding in any way at all and a single high-pitched tone is heard over the speakers. It seems to be random and not connected to any particular action.

My machine:

AMD Athlon 1.3 GHz

Acer AK73 Pro A motherboard

GeForce 2 MX 32MB

WD 80GB drive

3x512 PC-133 RAM

Windows XP SP1

I'm having exaclly the same problem with the CMBB demo although my copy of CMBO works perfectly as does the Airborne Assult demo.

I have already made sure I have the most current VIA drivers and the 30.82 version of the nVidia drivers. I have also disabled 4xAGP and dialed the apeture back to 4MB.

I love the game but I'm not going to plonk down the cash if I can't get the demo running. Please help!

Not really sure what could be causing the problem, may just be a spit of bad luck. I know that CMBO and CMBB both use the same graphics engine so it's strange that one would work where the other does not. As for SC, if it's a random event it's hard to say why this could be happening other than me guessing there's something up with your system. Really sorry I can't be more helpful.

Hubert