Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Landing axis unit in north of UK

Curry

You can:

A) Test it yourself.

B) Read the manual, but doubtful battlefront has put in any useful information about a very important issue.

C) Ask Terif about this specific action regarding a worthless port called ScapaFlow.

D) Ask Terif about the entire USA/USSR readiness rules due to German (Axis) landing(s) in UK. Along with his famous bug & scam find.

E) Ask Madmatt, Moon, or Hubert

Answer: D, check with Terif & go over all the issues involved. Terif has spent more time reading & proofreading the rules than the Pope reading the Bible.

[ August 11, 2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo, Thanks for the answer. Off the record some have told me they think it does while others have told me they think it doesnt (Only around London). I think I will have to choose your A and test it myself. But your also correct in that Battlefront does not include it in the manual.

Please share your test results. The user manual update only indicates that USSR and USA war readiness increases due to "prolonged battle in England after an Axis Sealion attempt." This clearly happens after London falls and the UK government flees to Manchester. I believe capturing Manchester before London also triggers the increase. It is less clear what the effect of individual landings has, whether they are near London, Manchester or elsewhere in England. Raids which do not directly threaten London or Manchester should not have much effect, if any.

Just some quick testing gave the following results.

Invading Edi or ScapaFlow had no affect on USA/USSR war readiness.

Once German units approach London or Manchester the USA war readiness increases 10% a turn. However, there is no USSR war readiness increase.

If London falls. Then there is a quick Russian War readiness increase starting at around 10% a turn and increasing quickly. However, perhaps more Germany troops on the USSR would decrese this. (I only had two, some more testing would be needed).

However, if Manchester falls before London there is no quick USSR war readiness increase as if London fell first. The USSR war readiness remains the same until London falls. So I guess better players could plan a stategy of attacking Manchester first and London second. Then when London falls the UK surrenders at the same time that the USSR war readiness begins to increase. Of course the USA would be in the war by then also. Sounds easier than done. Perhaps someone like Terif could pull it off.

good info here but unusable, i cant see how u can take manchester without london, u need the supply to go for manchester. In my last game i took london and russia readiness increased a lot even tho i had 5 corps in poland from 44% to 99% in just a few turns, so beware with the new bid system (1:8, 1:10) russia can win the game alone once UK has fallen.In my game only spain joined axis, terrible handicap maybe its interesting to wait till november to get romania and the other.