FOW Cheater vs Roll Cheater (aka Zapp vs Avatar), let's see who wins!

Barbarossa kicked off in early 1942:

Weak Axis attack kills off some of the Russian front Armies. Germany have L3 AT so they are pretty much wall breakers.

Axis and US subs meet in the middle of the Atlantic. Apparently, US subs managed to get some surprise attack damage. US transport sunk also. We will see soon who wins the Naval Battles in the Atlantic.

Naval Battles in the Atlantic now. Italian cruiser sunk. UK now have 2 carriers, they bought one. Axis subs are damaged, but none sunk.

Since Axis was busy securing Vichy France, only one Air was near Brest but a crucial air fleet that will help retreating navy units.

The obvious target for Axis now (besides winning the Naval battles) is taking Iraq and Spain QUICKLY. Iraq is easy. Spain can take some time. Allies have MPP advantage. Gotta even it out. In the east, powerful L3 AT units will hold of Russia for a while.

April 1942:

Axis sink one US sub, one US BB and the last UK Carrier in the Atlantic. Luftwaffe support was deciding.

In the east, Russia is attacking.

Axis Invade Spain and Iraq.

EMPTY Bergen taken by Allies, I had no air spotting the area for a while and neglected garrison.

My summary of events:

- Lost 80-90% of navy, US and UK

- Small US/UK air force

- US has AT3 also, and fighting like a bitch in Spain. Have a feeling LW is weak weak.

- Russia on full offensive gear. Not 1 russian city fallen yet, and pushing soon into Polish border. 5 german armies destroyed in 3 turns. Russian losses just as heavy, but his armies cost more. Red Airforce very strong and LVL2 jets.

If either Spain holds out with American aid (at least for awhile), and/or Russia keeps the heat on, Axis will lose for sure. If Spain falls soon, Russia will be in a very tough position.

Super game tho. wish i didn't throw away the RN so soon though, would be really key right now

Game has resumed! It was too good this game, Zapp just had to come out of retirement for this one.

July 42: Battle of Spain in doubt for Allies. 1 Italian army killed last turn, but American air knocked out this turn. Eisenhower taken a beating too. Russian's are strengthening up for another big push across into southern poland.

No "out of retirement" for me. I am just completing any unfinished game I have if an opponent ask me for it. It is just basic honour and sportsmanship.

Anyway, here we go!

July 1942:

Axis air fleets attack from Southern France and kill one of the two US air in Spain. UK transport sniff the Norway coast but is attacked by luftwaffe from Norway.

[ May 12, 2004, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Russia is outside Norway and UK transports sniffing Norway.

I made a mistake last turn. Two newly bought corps stayed put in northern Germany despite that he moved his visible transports away. So, I am short of ground units in Norway and Sweden currently and those reinforcements will take another turn to get there.

Oh, I forgot to tell. Avatar got his mandatory Jet lead before he invaded Sweden. Russia L3 Jets versus German L2 jets. I had 5 chits on Jet even before Barbarossa began but he has gained Russiam L0->L3 Jets while Germany only has gained L1->L2 Jets after Russia joined.

November 1942:

Due to thin lines in Sweden/Norway, Allies could use the landing bonus to kill off luftwaffe (after interceptions too) in Oslo and then gain the port to land another corps taking Oslo.

Axis sink Zhukov outside Sweden with their German Cruiser. Apparently, Russia had not blocked the Prussia->Sweden path enough.

[ May 12, 2004, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Spain now Axis. Axis operate air and ground units from Spain and put transports along western Sweden. Norway is gonna be retaken soon because I got the air support (from luftwaffe concentrating in Denmark). Axis transports land in Stockholm and kill off Russian army. Despite that, Russian HQ land in northern Sweden. It will be killed next turn by HQ supported German Armies.

The 2 German cruiser (who killed Zhukov) were killed by russian jets and 2 Russian Bombers. Stockholm port is bombed.

[ May 12, 2004, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]