12+ hours games, what is the real cost to play?

Glad you've posted that General Rambo.

Everyone has their own numbers but long ago I said pretty much the same thing regardng my own playing. It's a great release once in a while, but to play it seriously means giving up something else.

It's the same with all games, I love a lot of them but they've got that hidden cost factor per session. Paradoxically the better and more addictive a game is the more of a real life nemesis it turns out to be.

Yeah, it's not just money either. Pissing off family & friends, ruining sleep schedule & clogging the mind with moves. Game addiction isn't as bad as other vices.

Now, if I was super rich (didn't have to work) or was stranded on a island with a computer, then...

My best games (beating Terif & other big names) always happened when I was on vacation.

Tomorrow is golf!!!

At least Golf has walking. That's important.

In chess, for example, you sit for hours during a game and have no physical outlet. The favorite passtime of chess players during a tournament game is to get up and walk around. If possible you want to go walk outside the playing hall if it's quiet enough and you can keep the game in your head and think about it away from the board.

I love SC, did when I started, still do today.

Oh did I mention I will pick sex with my mate over a game of SC?

Hmm you know I will actually stop playing SC when it's dinner time, especially for Shepherds pie.

I actually enjoy a nice walk on a breezy day as much as a game of SC. Best thing is a bit of both on an afternoon eh.

I have played SC for I think about 6 hours a couple of times. But I was at a buddy's and we had nothing else to do that day.

We were playing dueling SC, or in otherwords both playing a separate game and trying to out brag each other smile.gif

SC has never cost me anything to play (well aside from purchase hehe).

And SC2 will not worry me either.