Searching opponents for pbem

Amona

Not trusting the opponent finder forum, I am asking here if anyone is interested in a pbem-game of SC.

Can usually do multiple turns per day, but I am in a european timezone.

Which side to play, possible use of house-rules and the often mentioned biding can be discussed.

I am open to suggestions.

Just e-mail me at: kliomene@gmx.de

Amona

Good to see you back!

Our little Free French project has been on indefinite hold since our last conversation. The driving forces, Zeres and General Bilotte, both appear to have forsaken us. Hopefully it will be revived some day.

[ August 09, 2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

It would be a priveledge -- and starting the psychological warfare immediately with the poor old Amona line -- that always means I'm walking into an ambush!

Unfortunately I've got a bunch of PBEMs in progress so my replies are generally every other day, but there's always room for another. If you'd like the Axis it's yours with the 1939 scenario of your choice. I'd recommend either Bill Macon's 1939 Fall Weiss Scenario, which is the best scenario ever, or Hubert's original 1939 Fall Weiss. Either way, I'll be awaiting the attack of Amona's black booted storm troopers!

I successfully avoid direct human contact at:

JohnofJersey@AOL.Com

Okay. I take the original Fall Weiß.

I gather there are no rules on number of air units and no additional biding for starting points as Ive read so often about in AARs in this forum.

Just the real thing.

So its quite generous to offer me the Axis, but okay.

I hope, you will encounter no problems with my obviously hideous email-adress.

The stormtroopers are coming in a few minutes, game-version 1.07.

Have I forgotten anything of importance? Hermann? Joseph? Sepp? They are silent. So everything must be okay. They would object to me, if anything is amiss, wouldnt they?

Hell (which no doubt is also their present residence), they'd object even if everything was going perfectly!

The one house rule I favor would be that German troops can't go beyond the German border till October of 1944, but I don't suppose you'd accept it.

So, anticipating your unreasonably negative response, I say let the slaughter and mayhem commence without house rules of any kind!

Excellent -- will hit the map a bit later in the evening after our company flees and stages a tactical withdrawl back to their own abodes.

Meanwhile I'm brushing up on my old WW II anti-German Propaganda slogans, phrases like, "Don't Shoot, We Surrender!" :eek:

But for now it's back to the current and infinitely more terrible battle, the War of the Relatives.

[ August 09, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]