Thinking of buying the game...

Canuck

Hi guys, I usually hang out over at the CM and off discussion forums but I just recently discovered this game. I downloaded the demo and quite liked it. I'm still not sure if I want to purchase it though. A couple things that could turn the tide: are there many user made scenarios? I gather that the game only comes with 6 campaigns or scenarios or something and I would like somehting with a bit more meat to it. And are there many user mods, for changing the graphics, etc? And finally, are there many good fan sites available that would make these things easily accessable to me, complete with reviews of mods and scenarios, and tactics, etc?

Thanks for your time smile.gif

Yes it is an excellent game with many user made Scenarios!

First start with the creators site (here you will find lots of information about the game and Fan sites) Hubert Caters - Fury Software :D

Next visit here at CvM & Otto's site which will provide you with many options(Graphic mods etc..) CvM & Otto's Strategic Command HQ

tongue.gif

And last but not least ask the members about the game!

Play the scenarios provided at different AI levels and when you feel up to it venture out into the Forum and post to play!!

In my opinion its the best value out on the market today! With its easy to use user-interface and simple to understand rules and player-to-player connections you can't go wrong! I have many games that sit on my shelfs costing twice if not more than the cost of SC and after getting SC I can honestly say this is the only game that keeps me coming back for more play time than all the others!!! Get the game and ask many questions were all happy to help!!!

[ December 26, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: 82ndReady ]

Canuck --- Yes, this game is worth buying. Don't waste any brain power on the decision. It's only $25 US-dollars, that's about what? $38 Canadian?

If you're short on cash, go pick-up some empty Molson Golden bottles, I think you guys in Canada have a bottle deposit law.

Rambo >>>> The Financial Advisor

"If you're short on cash, go pick-up some empty Molson Golden bottles, I think you guys in Canada have a bottle deposit law."

Rambo >>>> The Financial Advisor

--- * ---

"Look Nellie! Rambo's timely financial advice has dashed Snidley's dastardly attempt to litter the country with empty Molsen bottles. Why that Canuck over there is gathering them like a man possessed -- a few more and I estimate he'll have $38.00 Canadian in deposit money. And just look at him chortling like a baby!

"Rambo -- Canada's thanks for taking time out of your hectic vacation to help us!"

10047350.jpg

[ December 26, 2002, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Thanks for the help guys smile.gif I'm going to give the demo another couple days (have yet to get time to play more than a couple of turns) and then I'll make my decisions. I saw a couple of real great graphics mods that I would get immediately and there looks to be quite a few user made scenarios. I own TOAW II but I've never been able to get into that type of "grog" game, but I enjoyed Panzer General back in the day and this looks like another game that I could enjoy playing smile.gif

Canuck,

Let me be harsh. Panzer General, in its day, and even still now, was great. But you couldn't play mano e mano.

This game was great, before we could do that.

Now we can.

You imply that you like wargames...of one nature or another.

Let me be clear. The interface is easy, the mechanics are simple, the strategy is, clearly, open.

If you don't buy this game, you are foolish. (stupid, dull, brain dead, dill weed).

It is the best game I have ever ever got. Better than Civ, Civ 2, Civ 3, anything.

I mean this in the best way (and I am not compesated for this endorsement, smile. of course I'm not) wish i was

"Look Nell, that Canuk over there has gathered exactly $37.45 Canadian, approximately $24.40 American and all the Molsen empties have been redeemed. He's so happy with his total that he's weeping -- and muttering 'sixty-cents short.'"

10047350.jpg

[ December 28, 2002, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Look! Either buy the game and participate or don't.

But quit with the new threads of how you are thinking you maybe, kind of sort of going to buy this game.

But I caution you: You have been thinking of buying this game since like September. If you are going to be that decisive when playing the game, you're going to get crushed, and won't like this game.

All your threads considered, I would recommend that you Not buy this game. Better to buy a screen saver with fish, and play that.