Anyone won the ultimate challenge?

P z B

Working hard to win the game as Axis on the most difficult settings...

Got closer yesterday, got France, Denmark, Switzerland & Yugo after Poland.

Invaded Russia and managed to capture Minsk, Kiev & Odessa before the Allieds massed airfleets bombed their way through France and sucked up all my resources.

I think a combined German/Italian navy with advanced subs is the best means of stopping the allies. Took out most of their navy but ended up a little short and the armies swarmed ashore...

3-4 Pz Armies are excellent for swinging around Russian troops concentrations, as long as you remember only to attack with full strength units!! Very important since the reds are terrible powerfull on this setting.

Defending on favourable positions and using the tank groups is a winning strategy, I know I'll make it but it can take some tome :}

Anyone got a better tactic?

This is how I beat the allies, this is in no way the only way for victory but its my way smile.gif

BTW: English is not my first (or second) language so im sorry for the spelling.

My max diff strategy in general terms, I Wount go in to the obviouse things (Like always us HQ and such).

After u take out Pol/Fre/Den/Pol/Yug*

You will need loots of MPP so attacking Swe/Spain/Portugal/Iraq and more is a great financial plan (if u can get them without to much losses) The MPP u get from all the new occuied contrys will make u very powerfull if u use them right and it is importent to maintain the USSR war.

0 Forget about Op Sealion.

1 Attack Sweden (from Norway) (2 armies 1 tank 1HQ 1 fighter)

2 Attack Spain/Portugal/Vichy(marseill) (1-2 armies 1-2 tank 1hq 1 fighter)

3 Attack Greece* (1-2 armies 1-2 tank 1 hq 1 fighter)

*Let the Italians occupy them (they need the MPPs)

Whipe out the med allied navy with the Italians (forget about Malta) so u can make way for the African corps

4 Attack Alexandria/Iraq: Transport Rommel(HQ) 2 armies, 1 panzer to Afrika (HQ + panzer is landed on the West side of Alexandria and the 2 armies on the East side) optional use a bomber. after some weeks/months of fighting u should have taken the town. After the rectrutement (u will need it) of the tropps proceed for Iraq and get the oil fields (importent)

The African operation should be planned so it is completed some turns before u start operation Barbarossa so u can open a second front on USSR from Iraq.

The MPP u get from all the new occuied contrys will make u very powerfull if u use them right.

5. USSR: dont know the amount of units u need, I had so much respekt for the mighty russians so I use ALOT of units. I used 4 sets of this -> 1HQ 2 panzers 3 armies. And additional 3 bombers 3-4 fighters and 3-4. And offcourse the african units wiht Rommel in charge attacking from Iraq.

After the USSR fall they way to victory is way open.

Importent tips

Subs: 2-3 research points

After your Sub get lvl 4-5 u buy 3 of them and them roam the N atlantic and sink everything u see

Fighter: 2-3 research points

Getting lvl 4-5 Jet fighter is very importent

Make use of the max 10 research points, additional to subs and jets get tank/anti-tank/Industrial and what ever u feel is usefull.

Let Italy occupie Yug/vichy so they get MPP to speend onm navy reapairment/HQ and research.

Im 100% sure i forgot alot of things but i havent all day smile.gif