Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR : W-League, PL. Rambo (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies)

zappsweden

Turn 2:

Since Polish air was strength 10, Allies decide to do the HQ tactic. UK air near London, Bomber sold, Polish air in London. Warsaw still Allied held.

In the Atlantic, one sub sunk, one to go.

Axis used LC-Lite in LC and did not take it. Luftwaffe nearly defeated Danish garrison instead.

September 1940:

Axis attack UK navy+transport outside Bergen, UK transport head home.

Naval battles outside Bergen but UK has the important air support with a Long-Range air fleet from Mid-UK.

Around Sicily, naval battles but here Axis had the air support. Naval losses on both sides.

Game over. Early stages (LC to be exact) went bad due to the phone ringing off the hook. I got France in late July, but my units were wore out due to the 2nd turn failed LC.

Big sea battle around Sicily.

I did weaken the carriers & sink half of dozen ships, take London...but Russian readiness went crazy. Spain even joined of their own freewill.

No surprise, I wanted a quick game, phone ringing to bet on basketball, & my Michigan State Spartans lost (that was the real tradegy of the day).

This was the mirror game of PL too. Both games were decided in France. With the large bids, Germany can't afford a sluggish France.