Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Condor is back

Knew you like that one, it's a great shot!

I wouldn't say commanding really, more like surrendering armies. They take the oath at my HQ and march straight into the P.O.W. Camp! :D

Stopped playing a while back but the Ryder game with Archibald and the combined AAR have come to be a tradition. Hopefully next time it will be my turn to win it. Neither of us play much and the last time either of us did so was the last Ryder Cup, against each other.

Actually this was one of my quickest because I decided early on that Archibald was doing a great enough job for both of us -- I mean that in the truest possible sense, not as sarcasm.

I'd read his post and be laughing out loud and about the only thing left for me to do was report a little action and paste in a photo or two. Then there'd be another of his posts with those great shots he found from God only knows where and his advertisements and excerpts from Heil Magazine would have me laughing again.

It was the first time I've ever been able to sit back and just enjoy an AAR I was participating in -- our first one last August was pretty much a joint effort, in this one I was just assisting the Scottish Hilands AAR master. And wouldn't have had it any other way.

Except it would have been good to have won the damn thing. ;)

I dont know how well u guys play but your AARs are the best. PBEM AARs are the best in any case, tcp/ip is always the same:

- elbow hex move (i prefer elbow-tit move ;) - from the wanderers)

- first blood hex taken (rambo favourite quote)

- BB sunk...

Im considering playing some PBEM games as tcp/ip is too much time consuming unless u go for Sealion :D

Well , ive just won my first game in my return, gonna head to bed and dream SC2 get released tomorrow... ;)

I think, in the case of Archibald and myself, we play about as well as anyone can play who hasn't studied the mechanics very much and doesn't play very often. Archibald is a better player than I am but I think we both enjoy putting together AARs more than the game itself.

Agreed on the nature of the two approches. If this were chess I'd be looking at it differently, my game accounts would be brief and to the point because I'd want to get on to the next game and be concerned about either figuring out what I did wrong to lose, or figuring out what the other guy did wrong that allowed me to win. But this to me is different, it's recreation and I have to treat it that way, the AARs for me and guys like Archibald, Kurt88, xwormwood, Bill101 others are also recreation.

I don't think SC is a very good competitive game, never have, but others feel differently and I respect their views on the matter.

Well, contratulations on the comeback win and have a good one. ;)

Originally posted by Codename Condor:

I dont know how well u guys play but your AARs are the best. PBEM AARs are the best in any case, tcp/ip is always the same:

- elbow hex move (i prefer elbow-tit move ;) - from the wanderers)

- first blood hex taken (rambo favourite quote)

- BB sunk...

Im considering playing some PBEM games as tcp/ip is too much time consuming unless u go for Sealion :D

Well , ive just won my first game in my return, gonna head to bed and dream SC2 get released tomorrow... ;)

Imagine online spectators and replays in SC2. Cool!!!???!!!

i just cant see how any1 would be interesting in being an spectator instead of playing, in SC2 i foresee 30 minutes turns so online spectator mode is useless. Its better to read a fast AAR and i prefer HC to waste his resourses in improving the playablity, Naval system,...

Currently im a little exhausted from my 16 hour straight games ag Rambo....have to refill my batteries ;) ....and the coming days i dont have my usual times i normally have for SC...but we will see us soon on the battlefield.

Dont worry i m only in the Panzerleage now as i retired WL.

CYA DH