Germany on its own!

waltero

I just got started playing hot seat.

and I was wondering, what would be A margenal victory for the german player at games end?

I think I know what it takes to beat the computer.

For a total victory.

MY thinking is that if germany is still alive at game end Victory!

So far 1vs1 does not feel good.

I am allies and all's I have to do is play a defence and I have it.

The fact that I know where the starting point is for everything, does not help.

I am not buying the game for the AI.

Well... THing is that you don't have to start with the Fall Gelb, there's a series of sceanrios to play out... they all run to war's end... but you can start at Fall Weiss and maybe do things a bit differnetly if you want... You can also start from later in the war and see if you can give the masterful withdrawl from the east yet a little more bite to maybe stabilize the front long enough to throw the western allies back off the continent becasue, as you say, German victory conditions are to make it to the end of the game...

I am getting this game primarily to play against others and I think that the demo gives a skewed vision of what it takes for hte allies to win. hang on in France? Sure you could cost Germany time, but only at the expense of emptying britian and Canada. The smart German player would use that fact to his advantage (keeping an eye on the Soviet war clock, of course). Let's see what happens with your delay strategy with the calendar running past spring '41...

[ July 23, 2002, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Compassion ]