Recon Pull as applied in SC

mavraam

Here's a technique I've found to be very effective in rapidly

advancing on the enemy:

This is assuming FOW is on, the only way to play!

1) I send out my corps, NOT my armor.

I use them to find the enemy, the is my recon.

I fan them out over an area, space 1-2 apart till

I run into something, then I do NOT attack with them, they just stop.

2) Having learned the location of most of the enemy's front lines, I pick the weak point and nail it with all of my planes.

3) I hammer whatever is left (if anything) with my armor and blow through the gap with as much of it as possible trying to avoid the enemy but carve out a large place. By using my furthest back armor first, I can get the furthest reach because they will act as spotters for my other armor.

4) Now I send my Army's into the gap to widen and seal it.

5) Finally, comes the HQ's, trying desperately to stay up with the attack.

6) The next turn, I consolidate my position by sending my corps forward to where the armor has reached, some of them are just reinforced in place to guard the coridoor. I bring my air

force into the corridor where it is safely gaurded by Army's and HQ's (which incidentally can make fairly good defensive pieces if not exposed to too much enemy firepower) and is ready to strike the next blow. Armor is reinforced, withdrawn to safety or advanced into open terrain depending on its situation.

This stategy is based on a book I read years back called:

The Art of Maneuver: Maneuver-Warfare Theory and Airland Battle

by Robert R. Leonhard

BTW, using this technique, and by by-passing the low countries, I can break 2 tank groups through the front lines in France on the first turn of the game, and take Paris by turn 2 or 3 depending

on battle results. The gap I create is just west of the Ardannes (sp?)

Sounds familiar. I just use my extra Army's to backfill and take out the low countries once the Brittish and French have retreated to save Paris in a panic.

Also, I don't just refuse to attack the Maginot line, I back off of it and leave a gap so if the French want to attack me there, they have to

leave their fortifications and fight in the open where they are vulnerable.

Because of this, I take and inflict very few

casualties because I'm always fighting where the enemy is weakest.

Once I take France, the armies dissapear or surrender and I have more fresh troops to throw against Moscow where I apply the same technique

after sending everything East.

As originally posted by mavraam:

BTW, using this technique, and by by-passing the low countries, I can break 2 tank groups through the front lines in France on the first turn of the game, and take Paris by turn 2 or 3 depending

on battle results. The gap I create is just west of the Ardannes (sp?)

Sounds familiar. I just use my extra Army's to backfill and take out the low countries once the Brittish and French have retreated to save Paris in a panic.

Innovative idea -- in all this time I never considered trying to take France BEFORE the Low Countries... I wonder how easy it would be just to "blow a hole" through the line when you have such a narrow front... well, thanks for the report, I'll have to give it a try today. smile.gif