AAR : Rambo LOST (Axis) vs Zapp (Allies 350:3500)

jon_j_rambo

Okay, it's Saturday, new game, new direction. I'm playing the Axis & giving the big bid. Lets see what happens.

Sept '39 ---

1) Operand units West

2) Attack French mine

3) Ships ping Cophenhagen

4) Poland gets attacked

5) Subs raid

[ November 15, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Turn #2 ---

1) Terrible combat results in Poland, I attack damaged Army-5, with four ground units, it lives.

2) Ping Cophenhagen

3) DOW on LC, but attack Western Ardennes with everything. New strategy. Army, Panzer, & 3-Luftwaffen attacks reduce French Army-1. Couldn't get the break on the gamble.

[ November 15, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Turn #3 ---

1) Poland is being lightly picked at, I have no HQ there!

2) Denmark surrenders after a double shore bombardment & 1-Luftwaffen.

3) LC is attacked with Panzer & Army, 2-Luftwaffen finish the job, but only after the RAF intercepted from London. HQ takes Brussells. It's a mess of units with my "Ardennes Gambit" failure. Either way, LC falls, & adds their money to my coffer.

4) Nazis swing units into a protective barrier in the West, I'm keeping my supply & both my HQ's are there.

5) das U-Boots hit UK ship on the top of the game board, damn, we got him to strength-1. I just can't get the big kill.

My stash of MMP's will buy Manstein for Poland, it must go with my MegaPush in the West.

Decemeber '39 -

1) Poland picked a little. General Manstein signs a contract, enters the Polish theater.

2) Luftwaffen x3 moved to Berlin to take Warsaw, need to take it on turn #5, to avoid penalty readiness w/ Russia.

3) Western grounds don't score any kills with Luftwaffen back movement. But a 3rd Panzer unit shows up on the scene.