Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Z-league AAR report: Rambo (Axis) versus Zappsweden (Allies)

zappsweden

Allies bombarding Across the English Channel with 5 carriers. Some free french armies landed in norther France and Axis units rushed to the defences. The landing units were cannon fodder, but so was the Axis counter units units too since they were bombarded by UK carriers.

In the eastern theatre, the front is moving one hex forth and then one hex back. Both sides try to attack in bursts and throw the other one of balance. Current North-South front is currently placed from Dnepr up to Moscow.

Russia takes more ground casualties and is weakened. Axis push around the Russian front in the north, heading for the Urals. Allied navy is now around the Norway and Denmark area, pounding on Denmark and cutting off Norway and Sweden from rest of Axis.

[ May 30, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Allied navy rushes through the Baltic and with carrier they succeed in getting intercepting duels with Axis air in Russia. That was the purpose not an invasion. Meanwhile, Russian air force moves near to the front after being very passive due to inferior technology. Now they are at L4 vs the Axis L5 and Axis air has taken lots of casualties. Air superiority will go to the Allies now, no doubt.

All footholds in the western front are gone since the naval support ceased when Allies went to the baltic.

[ May 31, 2003, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

August 1943:

Axis withdrew air from Russia while Allied navy headed back to UK. Axis raided the Atlantic with a bunch of subs but they withdrew when Allied navy moved west. Once again, Axis Air is flying around in Russian terrotories. No side has air superiority in Russia at the moment. Sporadic ground battles in Russia, but also a tendency of Axis unit moving far north towards the Urals.

I'm playing a little bit of out of control. Went crazy with my Jets in Russia, killed 2-enemy air, but lost 3 of my own. Also lost some units in a stupid advance in the North area of Russia, I'm getting bored, trying to shake things up.

British carriers continue to pound France & the Allies keep sending commando raids against LC & neighboring cities.

HUGE battles around English Channel. It started when Axis subs were attacking 2 Allied navy units near Brest. The follow up was 4 UK Carriers+UK navy+2 USA air+1 UK bomber VS 3 Axis Air fleets operated to France and lots of Axis navy (mostly subs).