Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Z-league AAR report: Rambo (Axis) versus Zappsweden (Allies)

zappsweden

PRE:

Scenario : UK defends Egypt version 0.8

Bidding : none.

Rambo (Axis).

Zappsweden (Allies).

"1939 UK defend Egypt version 0.8"

This scenario is pretty much like the 1939 Fall Weiss scenario. The difference is that Allies have more power in Egypt so defence of mediterranean is not hopeless for the Allies. Furthermore, Poland is slightly stronger and UK+France have worse starting positions for their air units. This means LC gambit is hard for Allies to perform i.e Germany can commit in Poland a bit longer.

Scenario made by Zappsweden.

[ June 01, 2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

We're playing the new Zapp_Med_Front version for the Z-League. I get the Axis.

Turn # 1 --- I send everything on Poland, do alot of damage, but in this Mod. there's a tougher Poland.

I also attack Denmark in the usual manner.

Turn # 2 --- Still beating on Poland. I clear Warsaw out, but don't have enough movement points for a Corp to capture it. Subs in the Atlantic have been found.

Zapp tries the LC-allied-gambit, but no avail.......I thought that was the purpose of this new Med_Front_Mod? Maybe fate gave me some help there.

I operand the Belgium corp out of there & roll-in a Panzer. We score a hit SE of Brussels. Infantry & air finish of the French unit.

He could counter-attack next turn & still get the capital, but it will be risky.

Mars, 1941:

Both sides passive, only minor German air attacks on Egypt and Axis naval bombardment on Malta. Vichy belongs to Axis except for Palestine (controlled by UK). Iraq is UK held.

[ May 25, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

May, 1941:

Axis attack on Egypt city increases as German tank roll forward. The German air support is intercepted by UK air force stationed east of the Nile.

Malta reports that Italian ships seem bigger and better than some months ago...

[ May 25, 2003, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

November 30, 1941 --- Germany sends 11-Armies, 6-Tanks, & 8-corps into Russia. I capture Riga w/ air support. Odessa has been surrounded & count-off, along with every other Russian front line Army. I didn't go for the Russian tanks, but I did score a 5-hit damage shot on the Northern Russia air.

Combined Axis forces (Germany & Italy) surprise attack Spain. Italian Naval forces leave Malta to seabombard the Eastern city of Spain. .

Allied units are spotted by Brest & Bergen.

[ May 25, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

March 1942 --- Axis forces push into Russia. I was stopped at the Dnieper River Line, so the advance swung to the North of it. Riga had to be recaptured, I left it empty & partisans took it over. British & Free French forces have been operated to Russia from Iraq/Egypt...they are be reminded what the German tank can do. There has been a slight upgrade in tank quality +1.

Spain has been head-cracked & the Capital taken, but the white surrender flag has not been flown. I'll take the cash bonus next turn hopefully.

UK has introduced a 4th carrier. They are taking batting practice on Brest.

USA is yet to be spotted.

[ May 25, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Summer 1942 --- German Panzers attack Moscow; Zapp kills the lead tank, which are now +2. There's been a spearhead made South of Moscow & North of the Dnieper River area.

Spain finally falls.

USA has taken over the Rock & Spanish Morroco.

UK has introduced their 5th carrier.

Russia steps up another level challenging the Axis on equal terms by supporting the front line with HQ's. Axis immediately respons with German air attacks (L4) on HQ. Russian L1 air and UK L5 defend the HQ's.

French coast still being bombarded by Allied navy including five! carriers.

[ May 25, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]