Can anyone find these icon + terrain skins?

I don't know how to upload the screenshots I have of the demo, but if anyone would be willing to give me their e-mail address and i'll send it to you?

I'm not exactly sure why I find myself so desperate in getting these graphics, as I presumed I'd get used to the default ones. But although I may have gotten used to them, I still don't like them. I think it's the luminous green, red and sky blue that seems so horrid. I've searched for new icons but I can't find the same ones and I can't find any different terrains whatsoever. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by HolzemFrumFloppen:

]I'll bet that you're talking about this terrain and iconset.... check these links:

Pic 1

Pic 2

If so, let us know.

Yup, that's it! Are they your own? If so, very impressive. I noticed how you even managed to get the american soldier's boots right. Now, the demo that I played with those graphics I installed off the PCZone demo disc from June of this year. Yet the demo from this website just has the default graphics. Why is this, do you know?

[ June 26, 2004, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Col. Gen. Guderian ]

Originally posted by Col. Gen. Guderian:

Yup, that's it! Are they your own? If so, very impressive. I noticed how you even managed to get the american soldier's boots right. Now, the demo that I played with those graphics I installed off the PCZone demo disc from June of this year. Yet the demo from this website just has the default graphics. Why is this, do you know?

Herr General:

Well, the interface graphics are my own, yes. The terrain was done by J.M.Bunnelle, however (as well as the set of icons you see in that picture, I believe). These graphics combined were included in the Euro/Australian release of SC last year. As of yet, they have not been made available as part of an update to the North American version of SC.

My interface graphics that were included in those releases do not suffer from the crash caused by my original release of the 'Elite Edition' graphics (i.e., the crash is caused by my original release's incompatibility with the last NA 1.07 update).

Incidentally, I've been using all those graphics you see in those screenshots for over a year.

Nice one, how may I get my hands on them? I even tried compressing the bitmaps from the demo I have and extracting them into the full game bitmap folder, but to no avail-the terrain + icons are just the same.

P.S. I'm from Ireland, but I presumed you could only order the game from the states. That kinda pissed me off.

Erm ok I followed the above link and downloaded the icon pack and extract it into my bitmaps directory. However once thats done my game crashes to the desktop until I remove those bitmaps. Has anyone else had similar problems? Any help is appreciated.

Whos

Originally posted by Whos:

Erm ok I followed the above link and downloaded the icon pack and extract it into my bitmaps directory. However once thats done my game crashes to the desktop until I remove those bitmaps. Has anyone else had similar problems? Any help is appreciated.

Whos

What 'above link' are you referring to? Hmm, I don't know about incompatibility but the guy mentioned how the graphics didn't seem to work at first with V1.07

"""My interface graphics that were included in those releases do not suffer from the crash caused by my original release of the 'Elite Edition' graphics (i.e., the crash is caused by my original release's incompatibility with the last NA 1.07 update)."""

Is the below link offering an older version of your files? Where would one download the updated files so my PC does not crash? Id love to hear from HolzemFrumFloppen on this since it seems to be his baby. Thanks again everyone for your support.

http://ww2n.com/schq/gfx.htm

Whos

Originally posted by Whos:

Is the below link offering an older version of your files? Where would one download the updated files so my PC does not crash? Id love to hear from HolzemFrumFloppen on this since it seems to be his baby. Thanks again everyone for your support. http://ww2n.com/schq/gfx.htm

Greets, Whos.

In short, I was asked by Hubert to produce an updated version of my 'elite edition' for inclusion in a European/Australian release of SC. JMBunnelle was also asked to create a series of new terrain graphics and icons for inclusion as well. All of this is part and parcel of the European/Aus release of 2003 (v1.07, btw).

As of yet, these 'new' graphics were not released to the general public; only Battlefront can authorize their release.

Ok I found a solution to this problem.

This is where you get the cool Sprites and Terrain: http://ww2n.com/schq/gfx.htm

And here's the BMP that's not compatiable with V1.07 "main_menu_buttons.bmp"

Just rename this file in your BITMAPS folder to something else. Move your new BMP's in then rename the "main_menu_buttons.bmp" back! Don't forget to delete the new "main_menu_buttons.bmp" out before you rename your old one back otherwise you get a stupid annoying message like its already there dum dum! Unless you want to see that message...lol

Although I do not like the new Units sprites provided with this mod and have chosen to use Garfiken's Unit Sprites, you can mix and match as you see fit.

Have fun Gentlemen and make WAR when ever possible!

GARRGHHHHHHHHH. DOESN'T ANYONE READ WHAT I SAY? I've already beeeeen to that that site, it doesn't have the bitmaps i'm looking for. You must be about the 5th person to post that page saying something like 'this should sort all your troubles out'. I'm afraid it hasn't.

Or perhaps you're just ignoring my plight and trying to help with the 1.07 incompatibility issue. Either way, I still can't believe that I have no way of getting my hands on the bitmaps I'm looking for.

Col. Guderian:

As I said before, the graphics are not available to the general public. You would have to purchase a EUR/AUS version to have the 'newer' graphics you want.

Other than that method -- as I've also said before -- only Battlefront/BTS can release the graphics as an update to North American version owners.

Col. Gen Guderian -

you answered HolzemFrumFloppen and indicated that these pics were indeed the graphic & icon set you were looking for:

Pic 1

Pic 2

well this link http://ww2n.com/schq/gfx.htm and under "Strategic Command : Elite Edition" is in fact those graphics! The only difference is this guy changed the Unit Sprites back to another set rather than useing the Unit Sprites in this set!

At least thats what is looks like to me!

Originally posted by Col. Gen. Guderian:

GARRGHHHHHHHHH. DOESN'T ANYONE READ WHAT I SAY? I've already beeeeen to that that site, it doesn't have the bitmaps i'm looking for. You must be about the 5th person to post that page saying something like 'this should sort all your troubles out'. I'm afraid it hasn't.

This should sort out your troubles.

The graphics