What is a good score?

CraigRS

Not sure if anyone reads this fourm now that the SC2 fourm is open but.....

When playing the Fall Wiess campaign as the Axis against the computer, what is considered a good score? Since all I have ever played is the cpu and never asked I don't know where I land. Just that I doubt my scores are as high as most people here.

Craig

Not sure if anyone reads this fourm now that the SC2 fourm is open but.....
I think this fourm will continue to be very active for quite some time yet. SCII isn't going to be released until late 2004.

When playing the Fall Wiess campaign as the Axis against the computer, what is considered a good score? Since all I have ever played is the cpu and never asked I don't know where I land. Just that I doubt my scores are as high as most people here.
Score?

Can you elaborate?

I like to track when I conquered various countries - ie how fast can I conquer Russia, how fast can I conquer Berlin.

The game rewards you for conquering more countries and the time it takes. I also like to see how soon I can conquer Russia without attacking Sweden, Spain, or Vichy or the Middle East (as the AI does not know how to defend Egypt).

Well by score I mean the score they give you at the end of the game.

I too look to see how fast I can conquer certian countries and try many different stratiges. I'm really asking just to see where I sit compared to others. I scored a personal best of 322 the other day buy I have no idea if that is high or low. I'm sure a lot depends on how you play though.

Originally posted by CraigRS:

I scored a personal best of 322 the other day buy I have no idea if that is high or low.

Thats very high, anything above 200 is good (human opponent).

The game factors a quick conquest, ie you win the game before -45.

It counts resources/cities, time for conquest and killed off units.

As i know it does not matter if you take russia (or any other) in 43 or 45 unless usa and uk are taken as well.