NEW GUY

mkctanker

I too just have the demo and was wondering how long it takes for game to arrive in the midwest when you pay buy M.O.? And first dumb question, after reading the forum for afew days does anyone play with the historical icons on?

This is really why the game appeals to me,does the A.I. keep to history? Second dumb question do you old hands play with the A.I. kicked up in + range and how about the human setting for yourself, I can't seem to do much unless I'm set on green. :confused:

tz089-02.jpg

mkctanker

"I have read your posting several times and find myself deeply moved by your precicament.

"Beyond doubt your best bet is to comb the previous forums and memorize all the entries posted by this JerseyJohn fellow. On my planet -- a place whose name you would find unpronounceable -- he is thought of very highly, but then we worship a creature very similar to your earth frog.

"In any case, you need not fear the darkness as these pages are blessed with an abundance of wise sages who, between them, know virtually everthing about virtually everything. Just work your way back through the 68 or so pages, the hundreds of Forums, and thousands of postings. Eventually all will become perfectly clear.

"By the way, normally your situation would not affect me in the least, for on my planet we lack what you would call empathy, but JerseyJohn has convinced me that it is a basic requirement and now I am practicing sensitivity. Thank you for the opportunity to do so."

[ November 22, 2002, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

LOL funny guy this JerseyJohn is...... ;)

MKCTANKER your SC will arrive soon no more than 2 - 5days also "AI" in SC is as good as it gets in my opinion! Start easy with the "AI" till you get the feel for the game then open it up or better yet play against Human opponents this will improve your game play fast plus you get to see what everyone elses stratgies are. Let me know if you want to PBEM or TCP/IP I'll be waiting with my tanks, air, navy, troops, HQ's...........sorry about that, let me know, thanks!

:eek:

- Heith

Nice, another FNG to play with. :D (joke, joke!)

mkctanker: The only trick to ordering with M.O. is that you need to factor in the time it takes for the postal service to deliver the check. Once that's done, the order just goes out... I think using UPS, could be FedEx. Anyway, 2-5 days like 82ndReady said. Not too long.

Forgive me, but I'm not certain what you mean by playing with the historical icons on.

The AI does tend to follow history fairly well, but not so strictly as to be pointless. It will stick with basic ideas, like "attack Poland and then France", but how it GETS to the next step it seems to have some flexibility in. There's a fair chunk of unpredictability thrown in, seems like. Quite nice, SC's AI really does well compared to similar games.

About difficulty, I really tend to stick with the default settings. However, I would firmly recommend (if you don't already) enabling "Fog of War". Makes for a FAR more enjoyable experience! (Correct me if I'm wrong folks, but the AI also sees everything if FOW is off, that right?)

P.S. 82nd, do you think you could reduce your signature length any?! lol!

Does the AI stick to history?

Well, first of all - is it desirable for the AI to stick to history? After all, we all know what happened, don't we?

Anyway, the AI does stick to history, more or less. Which might actually be a bad thing. I'm playing two PBEM games concurrently (against the same player, one with me as Axis and the other with me as Allies - to keep things fair) and some of the things that the other HUMAN player has done has sort of thrown me for a loop because I was so used to playing against the AI.

Thanks for all your help, I've gone back in the archives as suggested and found out alot. If I seem reluctant to play against human opponents, I am! I've never done it before though I have alot of games, such as talonsoft games and SSI panzer general games. First of all I have a lame computer as yet and second I am not very good with them myself. Third I spent alot of time afew years ago doing table top wargaming and spent most of the time arguing about rules and how to use them. Playing the A.I. for now just seems to be more appealing. I hope you all understand as this is a great site and everyone seems to get along and wants to help.