SC2

EB.

Originally posted by EB.:

Please tell us what is meant by "SC2". Does this mean that there is going to be a Strategic Command 2? If so, then let's throw a victory parade! I will definitely buy it.

Same here.

It would be great to go global. The Pacific War, China, India, Burma, etc.

I'd prefer SC2 simply be a customizable version of this one, with many toggle-able features.

This game doesn't lend itself to be as global as Axis and Allies because it SC is much more detailed.

I think you could do a Pacific/Asia version, but to connect it to Europe would create nightmarishly long terms with far too many units to be pleasant.

Meanwhile, lets just get the current version right. There plenty of game balances to even out and un-quagmire.

Meanwhile, lets just get the current version right. There plenty of game balances to even out and un-quagmire.
dougman4,

Is there anything you can say that is not negative? :confused:

Your, just about the most negativly critical person i have ever read, that is a gamer.

Your continued harping on the same points have me avoiding your broken record approach to the same topics, wherever u can fit them in.

Relax, take a chill pill, and go play a game that makes u happy. Then come back, with a more tolerate rant. But please give it a rest. My ears hurt and they should not at this range. :(

RicKhan, SC is a brilliant concept. The SC designers are extraordinarily patient and responsive. What I harp on is not damning, because SC wondrously lends itself to customizability. If I were not optimistic that my concerns wouldn't be addressed I certainly would not spend time to address them. I love war games, and wish the best for SC. I wish I had been an original play tester as I may have helped tweak a thing or two. In any case, I don’t wish to impose on anyone. All I hope for are options I can invoke to play the game as I would like it.

Unfortunately, no one would develop and include an option unless it is shown to be necessary. I think I’ve given voice or joined the chorus of likeminded gamers in the issues I’ve addressed. Broken record, guilty. Grating, doubtlessly. Apologetic, yes I’m sorry I feel it necessary. Once these options are included, I’ll never breathe another word about them again.

However, I don’t think it is negative to suggest SC on a global scale would be tedious. An Asia/Pacific standalone I can see would be wonderful. I just wouldn’t want to play it with the same rules without the options that would make it fun, IMHO.

I'm about to embark on another 48 hour SC hotseat marathon, I think I've earned my stripes to comment.

[ October 25, 2002, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: dougman4 ]

dougman4,

Thanks for the reply. It is the first time i've read one of your posts and felt you said something worth reading in a long time. ;)

I do not feel what u have written in the past, is not worth reading, its just that i am not a child and don't need to be reminded so much. tongue.gif

If you want to play e-mail or TCP/IP let me know and we can set up a gametime. :D

I actually hope to see a SC2 that includes worldwide conflict.