Other : 792

British :

All aircraft deployed for French Campaign : 500

Belgium / Holland

All aircraft deployed for French Campaign : 160

Totals

German aircraft : 3634

French/Brit/Allied : 2613

Comments : Fighter strength was approximately equal. Bomber strength was in favor of the Luftwaffe by a ratio of more than 4 to 1.

To be more professionell than you, dgaad, I will give sources to my statements:

strengthes of 10. Mai 1940, Frieser page 42 and following:

german Luftwaffe: 2598

french Luftwaffe: 5026 (but only 879 combat ready)

Royal airforce: 384

belgian: 118

dutch: 72

Originally posted by docd:

french Luftwaffe: 5026 (but only 879 combat ready)

This is a preposterous number, and causes me to question the veracity of Frieser as a source.

None of Frieser's books have been translated into English, making it difficult to critique their use of source material.

[ October 15, 2002, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: dgaad ]

Originally posted by dgaad:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by docd:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dgaad:

Your assessment of the FAF contravenes the comments of many historians and analysts, to say nothing of the actual participants in that campaign (see "Kesselring - Master German Strategist of the War", by Kenneth Macksay).

1. Interesting book, but the point is, that not Kesselring was the Master German Strategist, but v. Manstein was it (like it is written history). Kesselring played a role defending North Italy, but not much more. So this first line of your book shows everything about the rest!!! Really amusing!

</font>

Originally posted by docd:

So far your comment, dgaad. Your problem seems for me to be, that you are NOT INTERESTED in anybodys else opinion, but yours!!! You seem to be so fanatic!!! Open your mind and learn from different views.

I am a fanatic about the truth. Views and opinions are not the truth, so, yes, I am not interested in them.

You harped over and over on this Master Strategist point, will you please try to understand that the term "Master Strategist" is a *BOOK TITLE* which I included for YOUR reference, not to start a debate about whether Manstein or Kesselring was a master strategist.