Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Your thoughts on this suggestion......

Rouge

I was thinking(its probably been brought up before) that prehaps diplomacy could be fine tuned by adding the ability to sort of persuade countries to join you in alliance and to persuade countries to attack other countries. And the ability to ask for them to send troops to fight for the weherchmat

It would have its down sides though im sure but what are your thoughts?

map.gif

That would be interesting. You could spend $250 or something to buy some love.

Another Idea: How about spending money for "spy like" infomation which would tell you what the enemy is buying, troop movement, etc. that is out of your FOW viewing range. You'd get a message like: Spies in London claim Brits just repaired damaged Battleship this week.

jon_j_rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

Axis diplomacy was pretty crude, along the lines of either offering chunks of other people's countries or saying "your either with us or against us." Usually, when an ally ceased contributing or wanted out the Germans blitzed them -- Italy 43, Hungary 45, etc..

German spies in England were a total flop. England's spies in Europe weren't much better, but they had people like Admiral Canaris feeding information to them, plus the Bletchely Park [and Polish-French] Ultra code breaking, and those things made a lot of difference.

Also, the Brits had some outstanding espionage triumphs -- like the Mediteranean and Normandy disinformation projects, but they also had almost a lot of efforts backfire.

Hicom had an event for intelligence revealing enemy plans, etc., depending upon how much was invested in that area. But I don't think there's any reliable way of putting things like that in this game.

If there is, I'm in favor of it.

[ November 26, 2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]