Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Can this game be played TCP/IP?

Gaylord Focker

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I was literly just about to order the game for me and a friend when reading that it will have a future upgrade for IP play, is this upgrade already implemented i am hoping?

Yes, it does, and it works marvelously. Moreover, you can switch between TCP and PBEM; play for a while as TCP, do a couple of turns by PBEM, and then resume as TCP.

Moreover, you can switch between TCP and PBEM; play for a while as TCP, do a couple of turns by PBEM, and then resume as TCP.

Whoah!! I didn't even know that! How is this done? I played an IP match with a friend on the east coast and we were wishing we could switch to PBEM and back again.

IP play really needs a chat window! We play Magic online a lot and find that the chat bars are great for chatting whether it's friendly or trash talking :D Very helpful in just discussing the situation, ideas about the game, exclamations such as "Holy crap!" and so on.

Originally posted by GumbyDude:

IP play really needs a chat window!

When playing TCP/IP just hit the the letter "T" and you will be able to chat. I would also suggest taking a look at the "TCPIP Quick How To.txt" that is included with the v1.06 patch. It can be found in your installation directory and has many other helpful tips when running the TCP/IP option

Hope this helps,

Hubert