on surface raiders...

Jonah

Very addictive demo. Thank you!

One question: playing as axis I managed to build a battleship at one of the French ports. I sucessfully got it out into the Atlantic and expected to see messages indicating that it was interdicting shipping, along with a suitable drop in British MPP. However, no luck. It appears U-boats can interdict shipping but surface raiders must actualy find and attack a ship?

• 1 month later...

Greets:

I'm still a bit in the dark as to how interdicting transports in the Atlantic/Med works.

Does the above mean that I must place a SUB in those sea zones to affect the opposing side's MPPs? If so, how many MPPs does it knock out and is it based on the number of subs I have there.

Additionally, the post above says I can use surface ships to attack supply convoys directly. Is this true? I've never seen any.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by HolzemFrumFloppen:

Greets:

I'm still a bit in the dark as to how interdicting transports in the Atlantic/Med works.

Does the above mean that I must place a SUB in those sea zones to affect the opposing side's MPPs? If so, how many MPPs does it knock out and is it based on the number of subs I have there.

Additionally, the post above says I can use surface ships to attack supply convoys directly. Is this true? I've never seen any.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Subs must be in the proper seazone ie between Halifax and Liverpool or around Malta (not too close!) for the Italian sub in the Med. As for how many points I have seen it vary. Seems like 3 or 4 usually.

Surface ships can be used to kill transport ship when they have units aboard. They are not supply vessels.

Hope this helps.

Don't know if many of you have tried the historical Axis Battle of the Atlantic, but I tried to emulate it by putting a lot of research into better subs, and technology. I ended up with level 2 subs, and in the last go had three of these sub groups out in the convoy lanes in the atlantic. The MPP hit for the UK was 40 points.

Regards.