Question on Spain/Port

Curry

I understand that when either Axis or Allies attack Spain that the usual Axis allies of Hung, Bul and Rum will not join the Axis.

However, if the Allies attack Port and then the following turn Spain joins the Axis. Does the usual axis allies (Hun,Bul,Rum) still not join the Axis.

You would think it would make then more apt to join the Axis not less apt. But I think its the same as if the allies attacked Spain.

BTW - if you are in that situation as the Axis I think this is the percentage that Russian War readiness will increase if the Germans have to attack

If Spain is part of the Axis prior to the Axis minors joining then they won't join. That is my understanding. So, if the Allies DOW Portugal and Spain joins the Axis then Hungary, Bulgaria and Romania won't join.

If Spain is active, the neutral Balkan minors will not join Axis. Spain can become active in three ways: Axis DOW, Allied DOW, or Spain joining Axis if UK is near surrender. It doesn't matter how Spain becomes active; Germany loses its minor allies regardless. That's what makes the Allied DOW (Spanish Gambit) so interesting.

• 1 month later...