AI surprises!

Mr. Clark

I have only had the chance to play 4 full games so far (using the Axis, even though I usually prefer Allies), but I've already noticed that the AI puts up a bit of a different fight each time! That alone increases the replay for me.

Just last game, the French charged a force across the fortification lines and hit my HQ and Air Units in the back... units that were perfectly safe during the initial attack on my first three games. The Brits, and some French Air based over the water then raked the same HQ units! Good Stuff!

In every game there has been some AI surprises so far.

Anyway, just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the AI! Great job Hubert!

[ May 23, 2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Clark ]

Between fuzzy logic and different difficulty settings, each game will be unique. This is a GREAT feature!

Would an optional RANDOM difficulty setting be possible, with each computer opponent being assigned a different random AI level? Might be interesting to find yourself fighting a brilliant France, a stupid Britain and so-so Russia, or any other combinations. And not really knowing which.

Yes, I think the AI is very good especially at the intermediate or higher level. I was playing the Axis and after taking the Low Countries instead of finishing off France I invaded Great Britian. The AI moved the Allied fleet in and I really couldn't reinforce my position. The French just keep rotating armies at my units to wear them down. Never did conquer GB, the USA entered the war in Nov. of 1940 and the USSR followed in March of 1941. Actually saw US air and ground forces in France. The Russians seemed very stronge and where slicing me up pretty good and then the demo ended.

I also had the Yugoslavian partsians move agianst the Italians in the north trying to take Venice and they took Greece from the Italians. I had moved the Italian corp to North Africa.

Tim

I've always played with FOW on.

The Red Tide is very powerful when Russia enters the war! As Axis I was tearing into both SPain and Yugoslavia, while the Italians were being held up in Greece, when Russia declared War on me. I could not believe how many units swept out over the border!!! :eek: