Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

AAR SC Z-League: Rambo (Axis) vs Zappsweden (Allies).

zappsweden

Turn #5: Poland falls, cost me 2% of readiness w/ Russia. I kill a French Corp in the West.

Turn #6: I attack with everything I've got in the Ardennes. 4-air & 3-ground...can't get the kill. I send a corp South of the Elbow & a French Army dishes out 3-hits to me...I do no damage. Could use a dice roll.

Late Spring 1940 --- France has become a slow grind. I kill a corp a turn, not real good. UK has Jets +1 from awhile ago.

Getting that bad turn of luck in the Western Ardennes cost me 2-full turns of slow up. That battle is ALWAYS very key, although most people don't talk about it.

[ June 29, 2003, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

July 1940 --- I reached the outskirts of Paris, should get the much needed Italians. (That's gotta sound scrary to the historical buffs). Those UK Jets +1 plus the Ardennes battle is all the top players need to get a slight edge. Just like a chess match, I'm a pawn down.

Late July 1940 --- Allies leave Malta empty. They also exodus a bunch of guys out of France. French HQ & probably 2-armies, 2-corps.

I'm a little slow in France because of the Ardennes diaster & that UK Jet +1 parking London.

I will get Paris next turn, need a plan...

Jan. 1941 --- Yeah, I give up my land without a fight, no technology as usual. UK Jets +2, Germany nothing. I can't even place a unit in France without the UK making it target practice for Jets & Carriers.

Where is Romania? I could use that 80 MMP's / turn.

Allies just have L2...Yeah for over a year you had +2 advantage. Game's already in the dumpster, quit acting like you had bad luck.

1) Ardennes KEY hex fight Jan '40

2) UK early Jet +1 Feb. '40

3) UK get Jet +2

4) Axis don't get any Jets until Summer '41

5) Romania doesn't join early. That always hurts! 80 MMP's per turn.

Hey rookies, when things like this go this way against the Top Players, bad things will happen to you regardless of your play.

I considered just surrendering, but I can't be that whimpy. I'll let Zapp have his fun, plus we're testing the new bid system.

Looks like I'll go 2-2 against Zapp today. Interesting...Allies going to win them all. Remember the days when the Axis were unstoppable? Now it's the UK Jets that are King.

[ June 29, 2003, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]