Editor

General Brock

Perhaps but the Romans might be willing to live with it now that they have tanks, aircraft, radar, sonar and even galleys that said under water. How do those things get adjusted for an ancient Rome scenario?

The only way I can see is if it's between two human players and they both agree to limit the pieces they build. Armies and corps, perhaps tank groups for cavalry, cruisers and BBs for war galleys -- let's out aircraft, subs, -- no reason not to have HQs -- no need to research sonar or radar, gun laying radar might be seen as improved catapults. Heavy tanks as cataphracts/knights and anti-tank guns as a revived and advanced phalanx or pikemen or legionaries with good anti-cavalry tactics.

[ February 20, 2003, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I've made this to test how the AI will handle a more complex frontline... And the AI did surprisingly well...

1)Start Campaign Editor and open 1939 - Fall Weiss scenario...

2)Activate these countries with the option 'Joined Allies':

- USA

- USSR

- Low Countries

- Yugoslavia

- Greece

- Canada

- Switzerland

3)Activate these countries with the option 'Joined Axis':

- Italy

- Romania

- Bulgaria

- Hungary

- Baltic States

- Ireland

- Norway

- Sweden

- Finland

- Denmark

- Spain

- Portugal

- Turkey

- Iraq

4) Save campaign... Be sure to give it a other name than '1939 - Fall Weiss'... ;)

I played both side with FoW Off to see how well the AI performs...

Here are some of my observations... They varies from game to game...

Axis AI:

- Tukish Corps operated to help defend Germany...

- Spanish/Italian seem to help each others to capture Marseille...

- Swedish Corps + Aircraft helps defend Baltic States...

- Hungaria & Bulgaria fighting Yugoslavia/Greece (with a major help from Germany)...

Allies AI:

- Zhukov helping Russian Corps defending against Turkish Armies...

- UK uses battleships, carriers, bombers and fighters to attack Ireland... Finally Canadian Army capure it... UK was very anxious to remove that thorn from their side...

- USA moves Armies in France... 2 against Germany, 2 Against Spain...

- USSR attack Finland, Bulgaria, Baltic States and send 2 Armies to help defend Poland...

... And I'm sure you'll see a lot of other interesting things... smile.gif

PS: As far as I played, I saw that Axis was at a real disadvantage... Especially Germany having to defend against France/UK/USA on one side and Poland/USSR on the other side at the same time...

Lack of MPP for Axis is another problem since there are no easy, quick conquest for them...

Keep in mind that I designed this to see how the AI work, not to have a balanced game... smile.gif

But giving a Huge MPP bonus to Germany should be a good equilizer... ;)

[ February 20, 2003, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Minotaur ]