ANN: SC "Elite Edition" Mod released

• 2 months later...

Ah found the Elite Edition mod...but be warned..it doesn't seem to work with v 1.06 as I just tried it and the game won't run.

Not sure why as these are merely graphic changes to the bitmap folder.

For those that want the more historical flags (German political and military flags) too there is a good set of mods on CvM's and Otto's site here:

CvM and Otto's Strategic Command HQ site

By the way, I do think it's silly for historical wargames to have to change Germany's swastika flag in order to market it in Europe.

I can certainly understand banning the swastika in Europe but in the context of historical games history books, and/or WWII movies these should be ok. (i.e. I mean William L. Shirer's excellent esteeemed book "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" has a big swastika on the cover and I don't think that book cover is banned in Europe..is it?)

having the german cross over a circle white border just looks silly and loses the significance of just how repugnant the swastika really is.

[ January 10, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Genghis ]

Ooops my bad...actually these mods all work with v 1.06.

I just reinstalled it on the C: drive and now all the mods work. tongue.gif

I think I had my SC game on a separate drive instead of C: drive so the main program probably was accessing the wrong drive and giving me errors.

HolzemFrumFloppen

Great job. Downloaded your master file (manually moved everything into the bitmap file as I must have missed something in the install portion -- no big deal) then went back and again downloaded the v1.06 patch and everything is working perfectly. At first it takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure that won't take very long.

The only problem is the units are so fine looking I'm hesitant to risk losing them in battle! Like the new briefing room and the whole bit. Much more atmospheric.

Thanks for making it all available. smile.gif

Originally posted by Genghis:

Still trying to figure out how to have both JMBunnelle awesome unit icons without the HQ units he has and combine it with the HQ units of another mod in Elite edition.

Again if anyone figures this out, pls let me know hehe.

Edit the two unitsprites bmp's together with photoshop (or paintshop or what have you). If you do not have the skill set to do this, I can help you out if you send me a copy of the elite edition sprites... I already use the jmbunelle sprites.