Wargames and History

JerseyJohn

I've set up a new website that, hopefully, will draw the off-topic discussions from the SC and SC2 Forums and end the rash of locked threads we've had lately.

The new site is called Wargames and History and everyone is invited to become a member.

< Wargames and History Website >

AARs will be encouraged and will have their own area. The site will be subdivided into various topics as determined by member input. At present there is only one thread; please register and post an introduction to it that will include things you'd like see included.

If you aren't interested in joining please don't post to this thread. We don't need to hear any rants or past animosities or negative comments. We don't need to be reminded of House of Games or any other past web site, thank you.

Part of the reason for setting the place up is to get away from such unproductive rants, which will not be tolerated; almost anything rather than an idiotic rant.

I'd like to thank Battlefront for allowing me to post this announcement and, of course, Battlefront will be a linked web site.

[ December 23, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

I've set up a new website that, hopefully, will draw the off-topic discussions from the SC and SC2 Forums and end the rash of locked threads we've had lately.

The new site is called Wargames and History and everyone is invited to become a member.

AARs will be encouraged and will have their own area. The site will be subdivided into various topics as determined by member input. At present there is only one thread; please register and post an introduction to it that will include things you'd like see included.

If you aren't interested in joining please don't post to this thread. We don't need to hear any rants or past animosities or negative comments. We don't need to be reminded of House of Games or any other past web site, thank you.

Part of the reason for setting the place up is to get away from such unproductive rants, which will not be tolerated; almost anything rather than an idiotic rant.

I'd like to thank Battlefront for allowing me to post this announcement and, of course, Battlefront will be a linked web site.

Were you going to provide a link, or just make us guess? ;)

EDIT...Or just edit your sig to put it there.... redface.gif

I've since added the link. Feisty, that's a nice way of putting it! :D

Added some forums to it, two for AARs, one of them SC only! The other for everything else. ;)

-- I'll add more as the need arises.

And several forums on warfare in various ages, land, sea, air and future. smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the Wargames and History Website:

Fifteen Forums:

Comrade Trapp is the Global Moderator.

Website Issues & Announcements

Forum Topics Replies Last Post Info

Touching Base; Any Suggestions?

Forum Led by: Comrade Trapp

In: Overview and Suggestions.

By: JerseyJohn

War Games & Misc Topics

General Forum

War Games

All types, all formats, old and new.

AARs

SC & SC2 AARs

AARs other than SC

Feel Free to write up any game you enjoy.

Military & Warfare History

Strategic Warfare

War as seen through the eyes of the national leaders and highest military commanders.

Tactical Warfare

Field level topics, anything smaller than Army Group or equivalent operations.

Naval Warfare

Through the ages, ancient to modern.

War in the Air

From Biplanes to Stealth.

Future Wars

Speculative, Including Space Warfare.

Military Engineers

From Ancient to Modern Times.

Invention and Warfare

Advances that were promted by wars.

Doctors, Nurses, Medics and Warfare

From Ancient to Modern Times.

Saints and Sinners in Wars

From the Old Testament to Ethnic Cleansing.

(-- PLEASE do not post photos of attrocities or concentration camps, except as URL links.)

Alternatives to Waging War

Economic warfare, subterfeuge, fomenting rebellions ...

Link -- Click Below:

< Wargames and History Website >