Free French HQ

Canuck_para

I have heard of people building French HQs and moving them to England.
Gamey stuff like this is why I and others never liked the Free French option. If this option is to be considered as a default setting for play balance, it needs to be reconsidered. Hopefully Hubert will make an appropriate adjustment one of these days.

Originally posted by Bill Macon:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I have heard of people building French HQs and moving them to England.

Gamey stuff like this is why I and others never liked the Free French option. If this option is to be considered as a default setting for play balance, it needs to be reconsidered. Hopefully Hubert will make an appropriate adjustment one of these days.</font>

or abandon France all-together
This is not a plausible option. I'm not arguing that surviving French ground forces could evacuate, simply that wholesale abandonment of their country is a very gamey thing to do. Some sort of restriction would be appropriate.

Recommend making Britain off-limits to French units due to Anglo-French cooperation problems. When France surrenders, randomly determine if any surviving air and ground units manage to evacuate and then magic-move them to Britian (like the Italians are magic-moved out of Vichy). Something like that.

Recommend making Britain off-limits to French units due to Anglo-French cooperation problems. When France surrenders, randomly determine if any surviving air and ground units manage to evacuate and then magic-move them to Britian (like the Italians are magic-moved out of Vichy). Something like that.
Hmmm... interesting

Hubert

I don't think it is gamey at all. It is an option. We go back to the let's make it totally accurate and linear type of game or the way this game is built, with many possible ahistorical opportunities. If a person doesn't like the possibility of having a significant free french force, turn off the free french option.

It would be like also saying that since the French didn't really use their navy during the war, they shouldn't be allowed to in the game....

Speaking of which, one of the ahistorical things that I have truly noticed, but not seen comments on, is that the french navy gets reincarnated by the Vichy, even after the fleet has been used up, prior to surrendering. That, i think, might be a bit gamey.

For the FF and Vichy navy the AI should randomly chose which fleets become FF and the rest should go to Vichy and stay in their damaged form. If the whole French navy is destroyed then their should be no Vichy navy.

I would also like to see some French colonies having a chance to go FF. This would add another random factor and change gameplay.