Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

New player question. Do you have to occupy towns and mines to get build points?

poots

Im just playing the demo and had a question. If you are any country, lets say Germany, do you need to occupy (have an actual unit on the city/mine hex) all the cities and mines to get the build points for them? Also, is this rule the same for your own towns (in germnay) or just for towns of conquered countries (france)? Thanks.

I was also wondering why we cannot stack units? If you could stack units up to a level of 2 or 3 I think this would make more sense for the defense of a major city?

THanks.

You get MPP (that is, 'build points') for resources (cities, mines, etc.) that you control. You don't need to occupy them to control them. For resources in countries upon which war is declared, you need to move troops into the resource to gain control, but occupying that space is not necessary to maintain control.

As for defending major cities, a greater level of defense is provided for by entrenchment levels.

As for the difficulty settings ... the AI acts the same regardless of the setting. The Difficulty setting just adjusts variables like how much plunder you get when you conquer a country, how many French ships become Free French, etc.

My recommendation is that you buy the game and then start playing some human opponents.

When in doubt, turn to the manual. Here is what the manual says about the Difficulty and Experience option:

Difficulty: This setting is used to affect internal percentages such as US and USSR interest into the war, number of Soviet troops that are transferred from Siberia, Free French creation percentages, Allied tracking of Axis surface raiders in the North Atlantic and Mediterranean during FoW, plundering amounts and initial Soviet income upon its entry into the war. Note: This setting does not influence combat formulas.

Experience Bonus: This setting adjusts the experience bonus given to all opponent units. This includes existing units on the map at the beginning of a campaign as well as all subsequently purchased units by the AI.