Allies tactics before Russia enters the war?

poots

To start, I usually take Ireland with 1 Corps after bombarding it with my carriers and Battleship. After that I may consider invading Norway if my opponent is involved elsewhere.

Sometimes, I will send extra units around the Horn of Africa to reinforce Egypt until I am strong enough to take Iraq. It depends on who my opponent is. I find that it usually takes 6 land units (so you can surround it and prevent the Axis from reinforcing it) supported by a HQ and an Airunit to take Iraq.

Of course it depends on your enemy. If your are playing against a human its something unpredictable but when playing against the AI I think the better thing to do is bombing his ports (France or Norway it depends on where he has his air units), researching air upgrades (jet, heavy bombers and long-range) and I also like taking a Hq to Alexandria because I always have three corps there (Syrian (free-french) Alexandria and Malta corps (I protect malta with Algerian corps(f-f)). I left the f-f corps for protection and I use Malta and Alexandria corps supported with a Hq and 1 or 2 air fleets to attack Tobruk I also like to support them with my mediterranean fleet 'cause the Italians always try to counter attack with their fleet using only 1 or 2 ships so you can take them out quite easily. Once you take Tobruk and all the Italian navy Italy becomes a easy target (I suggest bombing Palermo until it is at 30% and then you can make a easy landing and 'cause won't be able to make a operational movement to cover it). It's a pitty that the AI never create an Afrika Korps to give you a true fight.

Personally I don't like attacking neutral countries until USSR and USA are on the fight.

GUNS N' ROSES RULES