Have a Merry Christmas Everyone, Yes, even Hubert, Moon and MaddMatt!

JerseyJohn

Merry Christmas and normally a Happy Hanukkah but it seems to have occured early this year--let's get our calendars in synch already!

Instead I'll wish the Canadians a Happy Boxing Day.

You Canadians are so freindly and agreeable I guess you need that one day a year to just pound the daylights out of each other. Which is okay. It's good to release tension and have some fisticuffs -- in this part of the U. S. we have the same tradition but with a different name; we call it Everyday!

The guy in this photo isn't me. I have no idea who he is but he looks awfully damned determined. Probably it was dinnertime. He's got one of those hungry-determined expressions. If he doesn't watch out that gut will be as big as mine in a few years and he's too young to be so out of shape. Also, as he's obviously one of those geeks who thinks he's photgenic and blocks things, his friends and others who see his vacation photos should be screaming "Get out of the frame you vane lardass imbecile!"

a2self.jpg

-- Also, let's hope our young friends stranded on that tropical island get rescued before anyone gets hurt!

LORDFLIE-00AA1-poster_hires.jpg

[ December 24, 2002, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

That's funny JJ

Canadians pounding the crap out of each other!

All that frustration, living in a cold enviroment, no sun, wet cold snow, driving wind, burrr. So when they meet on the street, the Gov. gives them the right beat the crap out of each other. Kind of like New York!

Boxing Day is for wrapping gifts in boxes.

SeaWolf_48

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....... wrapping gifts in boxes on the day after Christmas, . . . Hmmmmm must have gotten it confused with Primal Scream Day. tongue.gifsmile.gif

My idea makes more sense, would be healthier, a better release of pent up tensions and a lot more fun -- also, it's a fine alternate exercise to shovelling snow. Wearing thick parkas with hoods and large mittens covering their hands there would be little chance of anyone getting hurt -- frostbite not counting as they'd have gotten that anyway, eh? smile.gif

tz089-02.jpg

[ December 24, 2002, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....... wrapping gifts in boxes on the day after Christmas, . . . Hmmmmm must have gotten it convused with Primal Scram Day.

NO NO NO NO NO! Look, you have it all wrong. Boxing Day isn't about scramming... or screaming for that matter. My wife, the Aussie Lass explained it to me last week It's a holiday that used to be about being nice to poor people or somefink, but no one really remembers exactly... But it's a great day to sit out by the pool and drink lots of beer with friends to recover from having family around all day the day before.

SOunds like a good idea to me!

Merry XMAS all you weirdoes....

My Christmas Card from the Cauldron:

xmas_stalingrad42.jpg

Compassion

And I thought I was depressing!

Great pic; I've added it my picture portfolio, thanks for coming up with it.

Glad you clarified that holiday business. I corrected the Primal Scram part -- Lord, I must have really been con-V-used as hell -- can't imagine why so many people keep asking for a spelling checker? The spellings we're coming up with are evolving into a whole new language! smile.gif

In the U. S. we're developing our own way to help the poor (an ever expanding fraternity here), to feed and shelter them -- we're gradually making everything illegal so more people can attain a higher standard of living, in prison. :eek:

[ December 24, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

In the U. S. we're developing our own way to help the poor (an ever expanding fraternity here), to feed and shelter them -- we're gradually making everything illegal so more people can attain a higher standard of living, in prison. :eek:

FUll employment... half the country in jail and the other half guarding them. Problems solved... and hey, the path wil be so much easier if Ashcroft gets his way and put in an alternate justice system that isn't beholden to all that silly outdated Constitution.

[ December 24, 2002, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Compassion ]

Compassion

"FUll employment... half the country in jail and the other half guarding them. Problems solved... "

Hey, it worked great in the former U. S. S. R. didn't it?

We can use another justice system to go with the five we already have. I always prefer even numbers. :D

Later, when Moon or Madmatt pop in they'll say Merry Christmas and make this the first Good Cheer forum to receive the Golden Padlock Award for political commentary. Everyone thinks I'm a nazi which is frustrating because at heart I'm really a damn Bolsheivik! Or possibly a Menshevik, or possibly Sturmovik, it's all so confusing these days. :confused:

[ December 24, 2002, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Compassion

You're right, there's something fascinating about that card. You look at it and start wondering but you don't really want to find the answers.

As for that grim-smiley, speaking for the entire Universe, we sure hope you find it. I've been relying on them more and more often myself lately. They're developing into a new language, sort of like hyroglyphs!

My prediction is in five years everyone everywhere will be doing all their writing in a thousand distinct smiley and frowney figures. Kids of three will be fully literate and, as we'll no longer have written phonics, within two generations we'll be using grunt and groan oral communication making tongue-twisters a forgotten art, along with silly poetry and literature and all that other weird stuff that used to give people so much trouble and confussion .... :rolleyes:;)redface.gif :eek: :confused: :cool: :D

I also think we have a depression-synergy : alone either of us would be hard for a normal person to take, but when we work together people start hanging themselves!

If the CIA found out about this they'd use us as an assassination weapon. :D

[ December 24, 2002, 09:51 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Boxing Day is suppose to be for the rich to box up all of their old stuff, and donate it to the poor. (wonder why they dont celibrate in the states?) JK

I hear it is snowing in Arizona, ice storms in South Carolina, raining all over the south, and up here in Calgary Alberta it is nice, warm, and Sunny.

Merry Christmas

Brad Tennant

Thanks for the info and Merry Christmas to you as well. Boxing day sounds like a fine tradition. The reason we don't celebrate it down here is, and I mean this seriously, Canada has always been a more decent and civilized place than the U. S.. But I'm sure I'm not the first one who's expressed that view.

Glad you've got your moment of meteorological revenge on us. But give it time, my friend, give it time!