Funny things happen in Russia....

So, here it goes:

When playing via the "Hotseat" option as axis I saw this:

My opponent bought a new russian corps and placed it near Stalingrad. I attacked this new corps (strength 12) with a HQ, 2 tanks, 2 airfleets and 2 corpses (all german) and was not able to even reduce his strength. All my troops had already experience but nevertheless lost strength. This seems really weird to me.....

Explanations ?

This Russian Corp would have had at least a one (1) entrenchment. That would account for one of the air attacks. The second air attack (since you don't mention anything about enemy air) had to be bad luck, hence no damage.

Two Corp attacks are probaby related to terrain (ie you attacking from a river hex) and/or bad luck.

Two Panzer attacks... his anti-tank value is two, and if your Panzers are still tech level 0, thats a 5:2 attack ratio. If you hit him from a river hex, your attack values would be halved. This and again, the possiblity of bad random factors, may account for no damage to the enemy unit.

Even though you mentioned you had a HQ unit, I would still presume that your readiness factors on your units was low, or perhaps those units were not being supported by that HQ at all.