Hey modders, here is a solution to overpowered air.

KDG

First, you guys do great work. Keep it up.

Here is a solution to overpowered air. Set up all countries with level two anti-aircraft(or maybe level one but with a chit already allocated to this). This will bump up all units air defense in cities and on strategic resources. Much less likely to see 10-15 jets as usefullness will be reduced.

This will also make it more difficult to take neutrals in one turn, thus slowing Germany down.

Just a thought, but what if, when using air to attack ground forces, it only reduced the effectiveness rating, in addition to reducing entrenchment levels? That air no longer causes strength point damage?

Seems to me this would solve the problem of massed air destroying any defensive line the opponent can create. The effectiveness reduction would make the enemy unit more likely to take damage when attacked by ground units, but at least it would require ground units for the attack. This would place ground-attack air back in its proper role, supporting ground units (not taking the place of them).

If this is implemented, one question to answer is if any of the reduction should carry over to the next turn - I can see pro's and con's for this, so I'm curious what others think.

Sorry, my bad. I just noticed your posting concerns only modding the current game, not how to change air for SC2.

That said, does the anti-air research category affect air defense by units, or only locations (cities, mines, etc)? I was under the impression it only worked against strategic air attacks.

Sir Whiskers, here is from the instructions:

Every new level of anti-aircraft radar research improves the air defence values for all

Strategic Resources. As an added bonus defending units located on these resources will

also receive the anti-aircraft radar bonus when defending against air attacks.