Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Jon J. Rambo >>> Calling out CodenameClone

jon_j_rambo

clonelogo.jpg

Codename Clone:

I'm personally calling you out, for all the public to see.....Mono on Mono. It's time we take care of some SC gaming business: Z-League, Ryder Cup, for fun, whatever... I've seen you tippy-toeing in the Opponnent Finder, it looks like you're Terif's little buddy Gilligan again. 1a.gif

My favorite from the Clone: "Come on Rambo, I don't play that way anymore. It's not like when we first played, I'm different now."

burroughs.jpg

Waiting.....................................

ss1.jpg

[ August 15, 2003, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Well, I've been around the block a time or two, and thought I had seen just about all the crazy amazing things there are to stumble across and rip rumble about, and see... but

rambo? In cahoots with one of the charter members of... The 60s-precursing Beats? Those road-going, risk-taking, prankster-acting, Rimbaud-reading ... Beats?

Quoting... Bill The-Opium & Lotus-Eater... Burroughs?

This would be like... Black Jack Pershing quoting Henry David Thoreau's On Civil Disobedience... or, Arnold the Barbarian forming a fast and lasting friendship with a sheepish... Little Bo Peep!

Hmmmm... could it be?

That all along, he has actually been styling himself after the FIRST Rambo, and not ANY of the subsequent ones? Now, that would be Jake.

That he has an iota of... that rough-neck elegance just like that... cool-cat choir-boy rake, Bobby Kennedy... used to have? :cool:

Geez, my WHOLE WORLD... turned upside down! And not a single solitary warning!

What a wild old time in the mo-jo moto-village, oh, what?

In the name of Sal Paradise,

Next? :eek:

I like more this other quote from Burroughs:

"The Sickness is drug addiction and I was an addict for fifteen years. When I say addict I mean an addict to junk (generic term for opium and/or derivatives including all synthetics from Demerol to palfium). I have used junk in many forms: morphine, heroin, dilaudid, eukodal, pantapoon, diocodid, diosane, opium, demerol, dolophine, palfium. I have smoked junk, eaten it, sniffed it, injected it in vein-skin-muscle, inserted it in rectal suppositories. The needle is not important. Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction"

“Most people have no idea how they’re going to feel from one minute to the next, but a dope fiend has a pretty good idea. All you have to do is look at the labels on the little bottles.”

- from Drustore Cowboy, (homexual Burroughs cameo appearance in the big screen)

As originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

If you're NOT on drugs, maybe you should start.

Hey, thanks big guy... for inquiring... but, no, no, 9 times Next Nirvana no, I ain't on enny a them... anti-godlin' fixins. smile.gif

Know a bit (... actually, quite a VAST, VAST amount)about it though, and once upon a kick-ass time, I read that mean-street-smoking underground Swag Rag... through & through and even way the hell past them stupid table of contents. ;)

... the result is the same: addiction
Yeah brother, they is... all manner of this sort of hi-jinks, oh, "addictions" I mean.

Just depends on what kind of funk or junk is bothering... you, or the man who goes awful berserk on the street whereat you USED to live.

Now, in that great and under-rated movie, Three Days of the Condor, there was this interesting picture... taken by that woeful but... plum delicious! Faye Dunaway. ;)

It was a bunch of illiterate branches, stuck in a bleak, wintering frame... beating the dickens out of the low grey Gestalt that... made them oh, a tad paranoid, like Robert Redford was for awhile... remember?

The thing is... look close... closer... what do you see?

It's... well, no... you tell me.

What is WASN'T, however, was... just nothing... or, a drug addicted swallow, preening the bedraggled feathers and calling for... more of the same.

See. You HAD to have been... afflicted yer OWNSELF, in order to call out any others who... is, are, or used to be.

If you ain't been addicted yer ownself, why, it's prob'ly best... yea indeed it IS, to NOT make ill formed, ill advised speculation about... what is ACTUALLY true of... somebody else, yes?

Anyway, you young guns surely do get the old blood delightfully! riled... keep in mind though, EACH old slinger has got 'is OWN sort of silver-bulleted Colt.

Kicking bad habits, once, or at the moment, or... only midst some bad-bent memory... thanks to a Neitzsche-like WILL power... stays, in a quaint quiet repose. smile.gif