Is it possible to win the Overlord scenario as Axis?

Bullwinkle

I've tried it a few times but with no real success. By that time in the war there was really nothing germany could do to turn the tide back. With all the fronts, you whind up using all of your MPPs just to reenforce hurt units and can never really build any new force to counter attack, so basicly they start off with more units, more MPPs, and attacking you on 3 fronts.

I have been able to force a stalemate against the AI. Launch an immideate counter attack on the unentrenched USSR units and push a little bit forward. Operate as many units as you think you can spare to take out the D-day landings and move all your planes to Italy. On the next turn use the Luftwaffe and your southern armys to attack the Americans in Italy, engage the allied landings in france and reinforce the Russian Front.

If your lucky like I was, you can push the USA from Italy, I wouldnt liberate it though. When you get them down to one unit in Rome just leave a corps there to keep them in check. Dispand the HQ and move the rest of your troops to Russia. By this time you should have also been able to push the allies back to the port in France which I found impossible to take back because of the Allied air power. Just leave them there and take out any other troops that come across the channel. Retreat all of your troops engaging on the Russian Front back to a new line of defence and either dispand your Luftwaffe or move them to Russia as well. Now it is basically a one on one match of attrition with the USSR. I had no hope of winning but I did not fall in 1946. :D

I forgot to mention that you also have to launch a sea invasion on Italy. Use the corps in Albania and park it next to the Italian city thats directly across from it. This will usally cause the airgroup there to flee and you can capture the city.

• 2 weeks later...

i won couple times. This definetly the most chalanging scenario for axis. you must be very carefull with your move.

You just have to pull all your eastern troops back (use operate) to the original polland - soviet borders in turn1.

also operate some (about 2 or 3 armies with hq) to italy to stabilize and take out the allies from italy.

consolidate your western front in arount maginot line.

never attack in the eastern front. (defense only. reinforce to full every time. use the rest ic western front if any.)

do not attack if u can't completely destroy enemy unit.