Option to turn Chance off or lower it's effect.

Hueristic

Some games you just can't lose a battle and some you can't buy one. I'd like to see a option to lower the element of chance or completely eliminate it. Don't get me wrong i believe chance can play a part in any battle but not a decisive one. I'm not sure if the game uses a seed for each attack or for each turn or for each game. But it is really wierd that it seems some games can be very one sided on the rolls. I've seen it mentioned before that people would like to see the dice rolls and that would also be a nice addition. Maybe a slider bar that can "Hedge" the random factor that can Change the table effects up or down accordingly.

I am assuming I am reading this wrong.

Does not the computer, when calculating the randomness of a battle, get enforced to "roll dice" just like I would if in a board game?

I mean if 3 chances in 6 means victory for the attacker, 1 in 6 chances means a messy equal exchange in losses, 1 in 6 chances means the opponent foolishly launches a counter attack at horrible odds and 1 in 6 chances means a counter attack at face value, then those are the odds.

I would expect the computer to randomly generate results to reflect those random variables fairly each and every single time.

Otherwise why use a computer at all. I might as well be playing a board game and rolling the dice myself I would think.

But somehow I am thinking you had something else in mind, so what I want to know, is more exactly what it is you are wanting?

I think what he is looking for is this:

If you could randomly deal out 0,1,2,3,4 damage, and take 0,1,2 damage back, he would rather have it be deal out 2 damage, take 1 damage, without any randomness playing into it. Go with the exact average each time.

Originally posted by KDG:

I think what he is looking for is this:

If you could randomly deal out 0,1,2,3,4 damage, and take 0,1,2 damage back, he would rather have it be deal out 2 damage, take 1 damage, without any randomness playing into it. Go with the exact average each time.

Magnovox smile.gif

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1b:

Hmmm ok, but it still seems like he wants to remove the thrill of combat, the uncertainty.

Duh how would i be REMOVING anything when I asked for it to be an "Option" Try go rereading my post and comprehending it this time.

Also for those who like to see a AW take out a Fully entrenched army the "option" could be made to increase the chance factor as well. Which of course could also be factored into the handicap system. It's all easy 7th grade mathematics.

Before getting touchy, you should also re read mine.

I said "it seems" which to me implies I am not sure. I never stated categorically you wanted to do anything.

The word "option" is often bandied about fairly generously by some. That's why I wanted more clarification.

Before biting someone's head off, you should ask yourself, why did the respondent respond, and why did they respond the way they did.

You were not as clear as you thought you were.

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1b:

You were not as clear as you thought you were.

That may be true.

So have you had a game on vassel yet? I have gone there 3 times and not even managed to find an opponent. Seems all i see is old chat messeges of people saying they can't get it to work.