HIstorical HRs for SC 1939......

Iron Ranger

..but the play balance might suck big time!

Very slow on the board these days, so I thought I'd throw this out and see what I bring home.

The following list is my attempt to limit the twisting of the programing windows and 'force' the game into a more historical 'balance'. This doen't mean the game play will be balanced, but that your options will be wide open (no unit limits) but you can't win by knowing more about the unhistorical event paths due to code limitations.

1) Seaborn invasion: Only Corps and HQ units can land without using a port. And this must be done a)On the same turn they enbark b)Can only be conducted up to or less then the strenght of the port (+1) they are leaving.

Notes: All other type of units must land at a port but can follow any path you wish (scouts?). A corps could move to the invasion hex on turn one, not land but return to port on turn two, and move to a second invasion hex on turn three. The relocation to port would equal a 'combat resupply' without the need to disembark and reembark. The +1 distance is due to the ability to lanuch transports when something is already in the port facility.

2) Forced Siberian Transfer: Axis must trigger the Russian 'free' troops by March 1942 (note the last day to achive this is March 8th axis turn / event on March 22 allies turn)

Subrule: If successfull Sealion or LC gambit then the dates change to 1944 and 1943 respectfully.

3) Tech slowdown: In an attempt to slow down tech advances and the race for the air ace (kill HQs?). You can only put 3 (2?) chits in any one specific technology.

4) Historical USA OOB: a)Disband three armys (110MPPs each) b)Pregame USA is given 1350MPPs using editor c)On activation USA builds: BB Texas (630MPPs), Bomber 8th Strategic Group (525MPPs), BC New York (525MPPs).

5) FF units : Free French option is off. This is a tough one because Egypt is screwed but it will balance with Germanys need to attack Russia sooner and make the option to Sealion better.

6) Allied Spaninsh Gambit: If allies DOW Spain before the normal Axis minors join they (allies) must make DOW on these minors on thier historical dates unless they still hold Madrid. Romania Nov 1940 (?) : Hungery Fed 1941 (?) : Bulgeria March 1941 (?).

7) Russia recives L2 HT: Not really a house rule, just trying to help the red SOBs

These are simply HRs to follow, the idea is to stop some of the more unrealist condisions in SC (1939). I haven't written anything of moving or adding units to the opening powers feeling each player can develop their own senerio's.

[ October 10, 2003, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]